Chapter 2 - Perspectives Shifting

Kanon's Perspective

As I walked down the street with Keke, the two of us ended up talking about whatever, and as a park entered the corner of our vision, Keke seemed to pause for a moment.

"Hey, is there something wrong?" I said, wondering what exactly was going on, her pausing like this isn't normal

Keke then said "Kanon, do you have a boyfriend?"

I felt my cheeks flare up in embarrassment as I said "Huh!? No I don't, why are you asking?"

Keke looked at me and said "The other day I heard you talking to Chisato about some boy named Y/n, and from how you talked about him, I thought you might be in that kind of relationship with him."

"Y/n? He's just a good friend of mine who I first met back in Middle school, there's nothing more between us than that." I said, embarrassed. I mean Y/n is sweet and all, but our relationship seriously isn't like that, do I really seem like that when I talk about him?

Keke looked at me with a smile, but as she was about to say something, somebody in a hoodie came running from the park, and as he reached near us, there was a light of recognition in his eyes as he saw us, and after walking over, took off the hoodie, showing it was Y/n underneath. He looked at me and said "Great timing! Block off the people who're following me, I'll explain why when I get back just stall them for a sec."

"Huh? Alright." I was trying to say when he ran past us, and as I saw the person running our way, I turned to Keke and said "Well, here's your chance to meet Y/n."

As I said that, I saw a guy in a tracksuit running our way, and figuring this is who Y/n, the two of us moved into his path, meaning he had to swerve out of the way, and hopefully give Y/n the time he needed.

Y/n's Perspective

As I ran by, I heard somebody behind me calling my name, but wanting to make him just give up for now, I didn't stop, turning down a side street and slipping away to loop back around. Things would've been way more annoying if I hadn't run into Kanon, so I seriously owe her for that. As I finished looping around, I saw her and got a better look at the girl she was with, who had short brown hair.

"Thanks a ton for that Kanon." I called out as I began to approach them. They turned around just in time for me to come to a stop. I then gestured to the girl Kanon was with and said "And you must be one of the other girls in Liella that Kanon and Chisato told me about, right?"

She nodded her head and said "That's right, I'm Keke Tang."

"So how come you were running from that guy?" Kanon asked

"I thought I'd see if I liked track recently, but ever since I decided to bail, the vice captain won't leave me alone trying to get me to stay." I said, frustrated. I can admire the drive, but he was insisting that I stay because I'm a natural or something, but I just don't want to do things I don't enjoy, and besides the adrenaline feeling great, it does nothing for me.

"I see, I can imagine what it feels like to be chased to be recruited for something." Kanon said, smiling as she seemed to think about something.

"Oh and I'm gonna be rooting for you girls in Love Live. I know without a doubt you're gonna do great." I said

"Thanks, we're going to do our best." Kanon said, smiling

"Thank you Y/n" Keke said, smiling

I ended up walking with the girls, talking with them, with Keke occasionally glancing over to Kanon, and after a short while, she smiled and said "I just remembered I had something planned for tonight, I'm gonna get going ahead. Bye Kanon, bye Y/n."

"Ah, alright, see you later Keke." Kanon said

"It was nice to meet you, peace." I said

Keke then left, leaving me and Kanon alone together. Unsure of what exactly to do, I asked "Hey, if you're maybe heading home soon, want me to walk you back?"

"Yeah, sure." Kanon said

The two ended up not long after starting the walk to her place, talking some as we did. Well I say that, but Kanon seemed at least a little preoccupied with something, zoning out for brief moments, and when I snap her out of it, she blushes and tells me it's nothing.

"So Y/n, do you have any idea of what kind of thing makes you feel passionate?" Kanon asked

"Not really, I'm just hoping I can find something that makes me feel the same way I do whenever I'm people watching, it's like I feel this soft flame of hope in my chest." I say before looking forward "I dunno, but I just find people really interesting. Seeing them pursuing their dreams and living their lives, it's just really amazing to me. You know, we didn't talk much back in middle school, but I always admired how you knew what you wanted to do, and I'm glad to see you continuing to go down your path." I then realized what I was starting to say there at the end and felt myself get kind of embarrassed by my words.

Kanon went silent and was blushing after I finished speaking, and with us turning the corner towards her house right after, I figured that this was going to be where we part ways, but Kanon then turned to face me, and with a smile on her blushing face, she said "Hey Y/n, before you leave, would you like to come in for a cup of coffee?"

"Sure, I'd love to." I said, looking at Kanon. I looked up to Kanon back in middle school, and I'm friends with her now, and being able to even spend time with her in small, simple ways like this, I start to notice that when I'm with her, I feel that same soft flame in my chest, burning brightly in my heart. She makes me feel like maybe I can find the path I want to go on, and the road there seems so much brighter when I can talk to her.