The Funeral

Outskirts of King's Landing

112 AC

Queen Aemma Targaryen of House Arryn was dead. And her newborn son as well, the little boy dying over the night, despite what Rhaena tried.

She suspected foul play, especially with how smug Otto looked, his eyes flickering between Alicent and Viserys.

"Do you have something to say about your daughter and my brother." Rhaena asked harshly.

"Nothing of your business... Black Bride." Otto smirked. "But you and your brother will never sit on the Iron Throne."

"And if its the last thing I do, if I must be known as a Kinslayer, your blood will never sit on the Iron Throne. I curse thee: your blood will die out, your line snuffed, and you will be hated for all eternity." Rhaena said cooly before walking away.

She had not cursed any future children with misfortune, just that they would never be kings and queens.

"They need you." she heard Daeron whisper to Rhaenyra, holding her hand.

"I wonder in the time my brother was alive, if my father finally found happiness." Rhaenyra said bitterly.

"He made a mistake, and now the Old Gods have punished them. But right now, he needs you." Daeron said firmly.

"I will never be a son." the princess declared bitterly.

"Do you want me to do it?" the silver-white haired princess asked her niece. She got a shaky nod, and Daeron pulled her into his arms.

Rhaena walked forward, and Nyx turned her head to her rider. Dreamfyre had broken free of her chains, burned them off her, and had fled to the Dragonmont.

"Dracarys." the violet eyed princess said.

The Dark Lady nodded, and walked down to the pyre. She inhaled sharply before letting out a blast of dark sapphire and dark amethyst streaked black flames.

Syrax joined, adding her own golden flames to the inferno.

Aemma Arryn and Prince Baelon Targaryen, two lives snuffed out far too early, burned in the fire.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!