Plotting

High Tide, Driftmark Island

132 AC

Nyx landed in the courtyard of High Tide with a loud shriek. Rhaena dismounted with ease, the guards not even reacting—dragons coming and going was a common sight.

"Where is my daughter?" she inquired to the nearest servant.

"In the Velaryon apartments, Princess." the servant informed her.

"Thank you." Rhaena smiled before heading to the Velaryon apartments. The apartments were off limits to anyone who was not family and selected servants.

"We have a problem!" Rhaena announced, storming into the living room. Shaera, Rhaenys, Corlys, Jacaerys, Lucerys, Valaena, and Daenaera were all there.

"What problem?" Shaera asked.

"My spies intercepted a letter between Vaemond and Otto. They're planning to challenge you, Jacaerys, for the heirship of High Tide. Under the claim you were sired by a Velaryon cousin, not Laenor."

"Bullshit." Jacaerys said angrily.

"Jace is the mirror image of Laenor! Vaemond knows this! How dare he!" Corlys raged.

"I'm going to feed him too Silverwing." Shaera snarled.

"Calm down, everyone!" Rhaenys bellowed. 

"I will be there for the petition as the head of House Velaryon, I can interfere with this." the Sea Snake vowed.

"Not if Vaemond appeals directly to the crown." the violet eyed princess revealed grimly.

"We need to plan. Mother?" Shaera said.

"Otto will angle to get one of his cronies as the one overseeing the petition, instead of you Rhaenys, despite the fact you are Hand of the King. But we need you or Viserys to oversee it, and ensure that we do not lose." Rhaena said.

"Alicent is on our side, right?" Lucerys asked.

"Yes, she and Rhaenyra have reconciled, especially with Jaehaera and Aegon's wedding coming soon." the Dark Dragoness confirmed.

Rhaenyra and Daeron had been very insistent that Jaehaera would be eighteen—and she had turned eighteen two months ago—when she married Aegon. 

It was a trend many noble families had started with the royal family not marrying their daughter's until they were sixteen or older.

"We should call all of your children to the capital. A show that we have more allies then they do." Corlys murmured. 

"That is a very good idea. A family reunion." Rhaena smiled with all of her teeth.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!