Confirmations

Dragonstone Castle, Dragonstone Island

97 AC

"I'm pregnant." Rhaena said. It had only been two moons since her wedding to Daemon in the first month of 97 AC.

"You are, Your Grace. Two moons along, you were impregnated during your wedding night is my best guess." the midwife said.

Or the many other times we had sex these past two months. Rhaena thought but didn't say.

"I will tell my brother then." she said and left the room. She knew her brother would be in the training yard, and she was right.

Rhaena was a skilled swordsmen, duel wielding Red Dawn and Silver Blood. The Kingsguard didn't bat an eye when she joined them in sparring sessions, and the other women in the court who enjoyed sparring became her partners.

The Rogue Prince, the Prince of the Wildfire, was what the courtiers called Daemon.

The Rogue Princess, the Princess of the Dragonfire were the two epithets she had been given.

"Daemon, can we talk?" she called and Daemon stopped to come to her side.

"What is it, my love?" he asked.

"The midwife confirmed it today." Rhaena said simply, burying her face in her brother-husband's shirt.

She felt the realization settle into his bones. "You're pregnant."

"I'm scared." the Princess of the Dragonfire whispered.

"Don't worry, I'll be by your side the entire time." the Rogue Prince said.

"Only midwives will attend to me." she said.

"Only midwives." her brother agreed.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!