Dragon eggs

Nyx's lair, the Dragonpit

114 AC

"We have eggs to chose, Mama!" Daenora said excitedly form her perch in her mother's arms.

"Eggs for Jae and Aegon!" Aerea added. The twelve year old had taken to flying her dragon, Morghul, previously called the Cannibal, recently. 

Aerion to had taken to flying his mount, Grey Ghost. Baela's Moondancer was also big enough to fly, and Daenora's Vyrax would be large enough in a few years.

Vyrax had golden scales, iridescent white horns, spines, and claws, light gold wing membranes, pale gold chest and belly scales, amber eyes, golden flames with iridescent white streaks.

Soon, they came to Nyx's lair. The black, dark sapphire, and dark amethyst scaled she dragon was curled protectively around her latest clutch of eggs.

Nyx stirred, looking up to see her rider and her rider's children.

Hello. Rhaena greeted, setting down Daenora to stroke her mount. Nyx purred, letting Daenora and Aerea come close.

They're chosing eggs? the Dark Lady asked. 

They are. Rhaena nodded.

In the end, Aerea chose a cobalt blue and copper colored egg for Jaehaera. Daenora chose a golden colored egg for Aegon.

Royal Nursery, the Red Keep

114 AC

"They're so pretty!" Baela gushed as the eggs were placed in the cradles.

"They are." Shaera agreed. The rider of Silverwing gave her finger for Jaehaera to latch onto while Aerion let Aegon play with his finger.

Alicent watched, concern, relief, and anxiety in her eyes. Rhaena beckoned her over, and the Hightower Queen came over.

"What lies has Otto been feeding you? Ser Criston as well, I presume."

The Cole Knight had been heard speaking loudly that Daeron was his father's son, and surely to not treat the Princess of Dragonstone well. It had taken everything not to kill the man on sight.

"Nothing." Alicent lied, but Rhaena gave her a flat look.

"That Rhaenyra will kill my children to secure her place to the Iron Throne." Alicent whispered.

"Rhaenyra has always wanted siblings, surely you know that. And a smarter move would be to marry one of your children into her bloodline to unite her line and your line."

"But Jaehaera is promised to one of Laenor or Laena's children." Alicent frowned.

"If the Conqueror could have two wives, why can't a Queen have two husbands? The dragon must have three heads after all." the Rogue Princess smiled.

Alicent grinned tentively. "My children will not be in danger?"

"They are our blood, Alicent. They are members of the flock too."

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.