Pre-Destined: Chapter 22

"Travon Kordel Anderson! Why haven't you been picking up yo mama's calls

"Travon Kordel Anderson! Why haven't you been picking up yo mama's calls. I've been calling since yesterday boy, don't make me pull up on you like how I used to do yo daddy"

"Mama my bad I just been caught up with work and some other stuff that's been keeping Aziyah and I busy" Travon said to his mother.

"Well I just want you to call me more just like how we used to talk regularly in Houston. Done got a girlfriend and forgot how to check on your own mama"

"Ma it's not like that we've just been dealing with personal things in our relationship. I apologize" he responded not trying to upset his mother.

"I understand baby, it just gets lonely not having your father here with me anymore and I really miss him at times like this"

"Yea I feel you ma, I miss him too" Travon said looking down not trying to get emotional thinking about his father.

"You know his birthday is coming up and I wanted the two of y'all to meet up with me to celebrate for it"

"Yea Ma that's sounds good. Just let me know the time and we'll be there" he said looking over paperwork

"Ok love you baby, bye-bye"

"Love you too mama, bye" he said hanging up

This time around was difficult for the both of them. Dealing with his father's death, Travon didn't like to bring it up because of the emotions that came along with talking about him.

He honestly adored his father and wanted to be like him in many ways; such as being the perfect husband, providing for his family, and his strong characteristics that he had as well.

While driving back home he called Aziyah to let her know that he would be on his way home earlier than expected.

"Hey baby, I'm on my way home. You want me to pick up something to eat or you gone cook?" he asked while trying not to think about his father.

"Yea baby I don't know why but my stomach's been bothering me the past couple of weeks. Can you pick up some soup"

"Aight see you back at the house"

"Byeeeee"

Once he hung up on his girlfriend he pulled into Panera Bread and ordered her favorite broccoli and cheese soup. As he grabbed the food he sat in the car and just thought to himself how different life would be if he had his father right now.

He felt his father was supposed to be here to guide him and to be there for him for advice during a time like this. He honestly wanted to break down and cry but didn't want that to get the best of him.

Pulling himself together he drove back home. Pulling into the driveway he sat there for five minutes wanting to get his emotions in check before walking through the door.