Hot And Cold

The next day in the morning, Dio had a big yawn as he stretched himself. He rolled to the side of his bed while he scratched his eyes as slowly, he opened them and blinked repeatedly at the golden sunrise that awaited him. He sat up and looked at it for a while before finally standing up and going to the bathroom.

Meanwhile, the servants had to shake Jonathan like an earthquake in order to get him out from his deep slumber.

"Master JoJo, you have to wake up! Your class is coming soon!"

The chocolate wrappers fell as they did. They whispered,

"How dirty must this kid be, unlike that poor guest Dio?"

Jonathan rolled so fast that even the blanket and pillows have fall down.

"Dio!! Dio! Dio! Dio! Dio!!!!"

He quickly jumped and sprinted to the lavatory with the ferociousness that he displayed in his battle against Dio.

When Jonathan and Dio were done preparing themselves for the school, Dio did not have a single mistake appear in his outfit. Meanwhile, Jonathan had his shirt showing a little of his skin.

"JoJo?"

"Yes?"

George Joestar, Jonathan's father with dark eyes, hair, and mustache, gestured with his lips to JoJo's direction. Jonathan looked at him with open mouth before he had his face downwards.

"Sorry, father!"

Before JoJo can fix it, Dio blushed when he subtly had his eyes darted to his exposed lower torso.

Nevertheless, the head of the Joestar family smiled at them.

"Good morning, my sons. Now, come sit here and let us eat."

"Yes, father!"

"Yes, sir."

The twelve to thirteen year old boys went to their respective seats. As always, Dio ate with grace while Jonathan stuffed his mouth in hurry.

"JoJo?!"

"Please just let him eat like that for a while when he's still young, sir."

With widened eyes and mouth, the parent just let the utensils fell from his hands as for the first time, he just witnessed Dio speaking up for his child.

"Have you heard him, my son? You can eat like that for a while."

With all of his concentration, Jonathan straightened his back then he began to quietly stab the steak with a fork. With a knife, he gently sliced it. After that, he delicately placed the steak on his tongue. Lastly, he chewed it deliberately. All eyes were on him.

"What? I just imitated him."

"Don't talk while you're eating, JoJo."

George closed his eyes and sighed at the development that just took place in the dining room of the Joestar mansion.

While eating, Dio calculated about how to avoid having Jonathan beat him up with great vigor again before he can even claim the treasures of JoJo's beloved father.

When Jonathan and Dio were done, they bid the father farewell and rode the carriage.

While riding, Jonathan blushed when Dio unconsciously landed his own left hand on his right.

"Dio, what are the days with your mother look like?"

Dio looked upwards to the clouds and birds in the light blue sky.

"Well, she was the one who taught me all the basic education and manners that I just perfected. Her kindness and gentleness had made me want to always share my food with her even though both of us were hungry.

The problem with her is that when I hurt the beggars that made fun of her, she scolded me instead of praising me. She told me that I won't get to heaven if I did it and then not repent after. Instead, I should give my money and other blessings to them if I want go to heaven. She always preached about heaven, heaven, heaven."

Jonathan had all of his body faced him.

"Wow... Meanwhile, my father had also instilled in me the words about being a true gentleman, haha.

What about your father?"

Dio had his head turned towards him, his brows furrowed, his jaw tightened, his teeth clenched, and his grip on him tightened in such a way that Jonathan closed his eyes and opened his mouth with voice barely leaving.

"Don't, you, dare, talk, about, him, JoJo..."

"B-but, he saved my father, so h-he must have-"

"I said, don't!"

He raised his hand nearly to the very top of the roof and slammed it to the chair with great velocity that seemed to assert rivalry with the Earth's gravity.

"O-ouch! I'm so sorry!"

"Good boy, JoJo."

With a smirk, he lightly cupped his cheek and lingered his lips on it for a while. Before the carriage can fully stop in front of the school, he held his bag, pushed the door, and jumped outside in a lunge position with his lower left leg on the floor.

"Goodbye, JoJo! I dare you to catch up with me."

He said with a wave and then got up to clap hands with their classmates.

Jonathan rubbed his painful hand and carressed his cheek with some of Dio's saliva.

'Dio, why did you do those things to me again? What has your father done such that you almost broke my hand?'