Hidden Feelings

They had done lots of activities within a year.

After they wrote their answers on the blackboard, the teacher checked both of their answers.

"Why are Jonathan and Dio so fast and accurate with such hard maths?! Let's cheat on them."

"Yeah!"

They did academics together and play with each other.

While jogging from afar, Dio caught JoJo with a smoke pipe attached to his mouth underneath the tree leaves.

'So you're a bad boy too...'

He stepped through the grass with as minimal noise as possible. Then, when he was beside him, he snatched the pipe away from him and put it inside his own mouth.

"Dio! That smoke pipe is mine."

He smirked at him after he smoked it.

"If you're the only one who used this, I would have tell on you. Luckily, we shared the same sin now, JoJo."

"If you say so..."

Whatever group activities they had, Dio's leadership, strategic skills, praise, and criticism together with Jonathan's outside the box thinking, creativity, comfort, and willpower, had always helped whatever team they belonged to.

"Yehey! We won thanks to Dio's sharp eye for batting a baseball, and Jonathan's high speed and endurance for chasing a baseball."

Whether it was a school day or not, they were doing different kinds of exercises ranging from cardio, calisthenics, weight training, sparring, and other activities together in order to improve their bodies, or at least keep themselves in prime condition for their current and future athletics.

In the boys' locker room, JoJo and Dio stripped themselves of their upper clothing in order to change to their rugby clothes. They can't help but blush at each other's bodily improvements.

"JoJo, it looks like your muscles are getting more defined. Is it because you're eating less?"

"Dio, it looks like you're adding more muscles to your frame. Is it because you're eating more?"

They laughed at each other's questions.

"Anyway, what's with the star birthmark on your shoulder?"

"Well, anyone with my father's blood have this birthmark."

"How intriguing, JoJo..."

"Dio, speaking of marks, the three moles on your left ear look nice."

Their cheeks turned red even more.

Of course, there were still things that they did away from each other's presence, like Jonathan's research on the stone mask ever since Funny had told him about it, and Dio's habits since when he was a kid like stealing and gambling albeit in a relaxed manner now that he belonged to the rich Joestar family.

'I'm glad that I have kept the stone mask ever since that I fought against him until he cried cutely,... to reclaim Erina's honor, of course.'

'Hoho. It seems that I, Dio, have completely fooled JoJo into having a fake friendship with me. That wasn't so easy, I admit, but most of the time, he's now very obedient to me.'

Just as the two of them reached the final destination of the last lap of their jogging which was the Joestar mansion, George happened to be in front of them so he had the servants provide them cups of water and towels. They stopped and panted before drinking and wiping off their sweat.

"Good evening, father."

"Good evening, sir."

"Good evening, my sons. You both have such an excellent performance in everything that you do.

Since my trading business is booming more than ever before, I announce that I have lots of free time to celebrate various festivals with you and take you to many places as soon as your vacation comes. My employees and servants may also join."

Jonathan's eyes had sparkled.

"Really?!"

"Yes, my dear JoJo."

He ran to him and hugged him very tightly.

"This is the moment that I have been waiting for, my dear father!"

He embraced his child back.

"Even after all the strictness and beatings that I have done to you, do you still want to spend time with me?"

"Of course! I do not hold them against you and I know that all you've done is for my benefit."

Dio looked away with his unconsciously recoiled face, his flinched body, and his mouth that wanted to make a tsk sound.

"What's the matter, Dio?"

He quickly straightened himself and smiled his usual malicious smile.

"Nothing, sir. I'm very much glad to spend time with you. It's just that JoJo has been behaving more ungentlemanly today."

JoJo froze with his eyes on him.

"Point taken. Anyway, you're allowed to relax and be kids for this vacation."

"I apologize for mentioning it, sir."

He bowed to JoJo's father and stood up.

"Dio, I'm so sorry for making you think that you shouldn't relax in our mansion. I'll do better next time."

"It's alright."

"Please take a bath, my sons."

"Yes!"

Jonathan went to his study desk in the library first only to find out that it was opened with a stone mask broken into pieces.

'Who did this?

But thank goodness that my smoke pipes are still intact.'

Suddenly, a bloodied white-haired dark-skinned man's hand was around his neck very tightly and his back was against the wall. JoJo's eyes hadn't caught on what just happened. What he saw was that the man in front of him seemed to wore a priest's clothing.

"Jonathan is your name, isn't it? Why was my friend's stone mask broken before his time?"

"I-I don't know what you're talking about, but I certainly didn't-"

The man tightened his grip around his neck and very quickly leaned into his ear to whisper.

"Anyway, it doesn't matter whether you or someone else broke the mask. What matters is that I must now exterminate you before you and your descendants get in my and DIO's heaven plan."

'DIO?'

Still choking him, he got away from his face, striked his lower leg with his kneecap, and had his available hand very quickly grabbed a knife from his pocket. Just as he was about to stab him, he was pushed sidewards to the floor, causing him to loose his grip around JoJo's neck.

"D-Dio, Why?!"