I'll Be Your Home

A few hours later, a thunderbolt lightning decided to bring the two back to reality. Both of them stretched themselves awake and walked to the library inside the Joestar mansion.

"Good evening, Dio. What are you doing here at this hour?"

"Hmph. I could ask you the same, JoJo. Anyway, feel free to sit beside me."

Dio patted the seat of a chair beside him. When JoJo unintentionally sat on his finger as he removed his hand, their cheeks had turned red.

"Ehem."

"Sorry."

"Now, let's study as the exams will approach us next month."

"Yeah. Let's do our best, Dio!"

"We'll make a great combination, JoJo!"

They clasped each other's hands before they began to read their books intently.

When JoJo turned to his right, he saw that the areas under Dio's eyes were swollen.

"What happened to your eyes?"

"Don't worry. The rain just entered my eyes. Now quit being a busybody, JoJo."

He brought his chin down in response.

"I thought that we're already friends. You should tell me what's bothering you."

Dio was taken aback by him.

"How about you tell me yours first?"

"Well, I still don't understand why you would take everything from me but, I'm glad that you attempted to make me meet Erina today."

When the blond looked at his left, his eyes glittered and his cheeks tainted pink upon seeing JoJo's smile that used to irritate him so much to the point that he kicked his approaching dog named Danny.

"Well, I'm glad that you just told me that. Anyway, I just had a dream about when I was a kid. I don't know why I've forgotten it until just now..."

Just when his whole body trembled and his vision started to blur with escaping wetness, he felt the warmth of JoJo's hand on the back of his hand.

"I'm all ears."

"You see, when I accidentally bumped into a boy, that boy pulled me and gave me a loaf of bread and a cup of coffee instead of hurting me like all the others. Just when I thought that I've made a new friend that wasn't my mother, he was taken away from me. We were taken away from each other."

JoJo's ocean orbs shined.

"That dream of yours... It seems familiar... I remember that something similar happened while I was having a trip with my father for the first time in London with the snow dropping everywhere. He was always busy with work that it was rare for us to spend time with each other when I was a kid."

"I see... So it was a good memory for you..."

"Oh, not exactly. I was shocked by the bruises that the kid had. I thought at the time that once I met whoever bruised him, I will beat him up sevenfold. Thinking about it, it wasn't so gentlemanly of me."

He put his another hand on top of JoJo's hand that was already above his.

"You're so humble. But that what makes you a noble gentleman, JoJo."

"But I haven't mastered all of the etiquette yet, Dio."

George happened to be reading while hidden by a shelf behind them. He left without making a sound when both of them went back to studying their lessons unperturbed. As time went on, he went back and caught them sleeping. He only thought of them having their hands on each other as a sign of their blossoming friendship. He asked one of his servants to cover them with a huge blanket.

When a slight bright yellow outside pierced through the windows, Jonathan and Dio opened their eyes with slow blinking at the same time.

"Good morning, JoJo."

"Good morning to you too, Dio."

When they leaned their backs on their respective chairs, the blanket was taken away by gravity to the floor.

Dio's eyes widened before he leaned onto his side with a smirk just half an inch away from JoJo's ear and asked,

"Why are you still holding my hand, JoJo? Have you done something to me while I was asleep?"

JoJo turned his head from side to side.

"N-n-n-n-no! Of course not!"

"Hmm..."

"As a gentleman, I swear that I wouldn't do such a vulgar thing."

"So you're having vulgar thoughts then as of this moment. We still have lots of time before we go to school."

With each increase of his heartbeat, he felt the blood rush throughout his body and the sly blond's warm palm from his chest to his abdomen.

"T-then let's prepare for school!"

Still staring at him, Dio grabbed all of his things and winked at him before turning his back on him and walked.

Jonathan hurriedly collected his stuff as he stood up and ran to his bedroom without arranging the chairs in the library.