The Palm Of A Tiny Hand

When they arrived in front of the mansion, Jonathan put down his hand and ran to Dio's sight. He won't let himself cry in front of him. Not now. He grasped his hands with his two hands and declared,

"Alright. I believe that you said that we're best friends right now, and I trust you. Let's do things together starting right now. Studying, training, whatever you can think of."

Dio looked away with a pale face that had been stained with pink.

"Getting bold now, aren't you, JoJo?"

"Of course, I am. How can we be best friends if I'm not?"

While he was speechless, he remembered how disgusted and irritated he was by Jonathan before he proved himself to be a worthy foe.

But now, a part of him wanted to test him just for a thrill, while another just needed to live his school life in peace before the right time to finally inherit the Joestar fortune for himself and himself only.

Yet, among all of his parts, there was quite an alien part of him that he can't quite describe.

"Anyway, let's get inside and study."

"Thank you very much, Dio!"

He held his right hand with his left as they walked.

'I'll find as much information as I can about you before you take everything that I hold dear, Dio. I'm willing to do whatever it takes, even if it means that I have to put up with that awful attitude of yours. Even if it means that I have to-'

"Good evening, lord Dio and lord Jonathan."

The old butler greeted them.

"Good evening to you, sir."

"Ah! Good evening to you too."

His father put him out of his stupor with a question.

"Good evening, Jonathan. Why are you crying?"

The son wiped the teardrops from the side corners of his eyes with his right pointer.

"It's just that, a friend of mine doesn't want to see me anymore."

"I'm sure that your friend just has other things to do, capische?"

He nodded.

"Thanks, father."

"You're welcome, JoJo."

They all remain silent as they ate. After they bid each other goodbye, Jonathan and Dio immediately went to their bedrooms.

On his bed, Jonathan draped his whole body, including his head, with a large blanket before his tears finally fell down. With the stormy wind accompanying him, he drowned under his deep ocean waves until he sank into his slumber.

On the other hand, Dio read his book on his chair with a breath of relief. He felt like having a heart attack everytime JoJo threw his truthful accusations against him, everytime he bursted into anger.

Just like the old times wherein he was almost caught stealing a bread, cheating a game, keeping his money for himself, poisoning the worthless insect that people called his father.

As soon as that man appeared at the backburner of his eyes, his brain continued to run downwards the spiral as he stared onto the heavy rain outside the window.

When he looked onto the ceiling, his mind went null, too tired to even make a simple scheme against either JoJo or that woman. He brushed his golden mane with his fingers before he got up and went to his bed. There, he laid himself in a fetal position and dreamt as soon as he closed his eyes.

A woman smiled at the baby as he walked. She clapped while she congratulated him.

"Congratulations on your first steps, Dio! Now, let's see if you can memorize the English alphabet."

Whenever baby Dio perfectly recited the alphabet and did whatever his mother wanted him to learn, she repeatedly put her hands together in glee. He caught on fourteen parts of the lyrics of the lullaby that she sang to him everytime before he slept.

"Spiral Staircase"
"Rhinoceros Beetle"
"Ghost Town"
"Fig Tart"
"Rhinoceros Beetle"
"Road to Dolorosa"
"Rhinoceros Beetle"
"Singularity"
"Giotto"
"Angel"
"Hydrangea"
"Rhinoceros Beetle"
"Singularity"
"Secret Emperor"

Before approaching the age of five, he never understood why his gentle mother in front of him had been beaten up and shouted at by his drunkard of a father. He thought that it was foolish of her to still be kind at him and the beggars who made fun of her.

"Look. Dario has made your younger brother or sister inside my belly so he still love me, my dear."

Until, when he spoke in her defense and violently attacked those poor people, his mother had scolded him for the first time, and ranted on and on about heaven. He should be noble and proud if he must go to heaven. He resented her since and began to admire his father.

Of course, he began to hate him when she and his unborn sibling died due to abuse and overwork from the bar that they owned, which closed at their death. Since then, he became the target of his father.

As he escaped from his clutches and looked for a job in a winter, he bumped onto a boy who meekly apologized to him and dragged him up with a surprising strength. He gave him a very aromatic bread and coffee of finest quality.

"My lord, please go away from that filthy rat right now."

Before he could even introduce himself to him, the police carried him and the maids had pulled the boy away from him.

"No! I'll no longer tolerate this incessant disrespect. You all must praise me like my noble mother did."

His tears fell in reality.