Friend Or Foe

During the lunch break after the class, Dio was immediately surrounded by the students for various reasons.

Since Jonathan couldn't find someone who was willing to talk to him at this moment, he decided to eat his lunch in an empty room at the topmost floor. If he had more free time, he would have chosen to consume the food near the tree and the river where he last met the kind blonde Erina instead.

"Let's eat!"

Inside his opened lunch box were forty four scones with cream above them, and forty four grapes covered with grape jam. His mouth was too noisy due to not minding to clasp his lips together when he chewed and swallowed very quickly.

Hidden behind a door beside him can a few laughs be heard already by anyone who wasn't Jonathan.

After he closed his lunchbox and returned it inside of his bag, he stood up and wore the small bag around his two shoulders and his back. He then pulled the straps in front of him, twisted the doorknob, and moved the door from his way.

"Hey, if it wasn't that rat..."

At least three guys with brooms, dustpans, and mops were covered awhile ago by the door.

When Jonathan saw them, he immediately furrowed his eyebrows, bent his knees and raised his fists.

"What does Dio want from me this time?"

The kids had their feet step toward him one by one with a pace of a slug.

"Well, well, well. This isn't about Dio. He was talking too well about you this morning."

"Let me rephrase correctly; what, do you, want?"

"It's just that, yesterday, you were so sad, but now, you're, how should we put it,... uh,... too calm of a kid. Now, just let us make you miserable again!"

When they suddenly sprinted forwards, he sidestepped. When he turned his head slightly behind him, their body had been shaken as they tried to brake themselves. Some of them had simply tripped to the floor.

When Jonathan had exited, something,... or someone,... had dropped from the ceiling, making himself skipped backwards. He wiped off his sweat with his hand and sighed.

'Whew... That was close. It's good that I have trained my footwork ever since my boxing match with Dio.'

The dwarf had tilted his head with a crackling sound and enlarged his eyes to the one aspiring to be a gentleman.

"How dare you evade me?!"

The trio scratched and massaged themselves.

"Easy, Nukesaku. You can't just catch a large rat especially with that height of yours."

"How dare you make fun of me?! Stop calling me Nukesaku!!!!"

When the four had stopped arguing among themselves, they exclaimed,

"JoJo's gone!!!!"

When Jonathan was going downstairs in between the current floor and the lower floor, a smirking familiar blond held his hip and climbed with shaking hips.

"There you are, JoJo. I have been looking for you since a while ago..."

"What for, Dio?"

With each Dio's step, he stepped upwards with his increasing heartbeat. As they continued, he had tripped over Nukesaku.

"Ouch..."

"How dare you express your pain without saying sorry to a lady first?! You just failed to be a gentleman!!!!"

At a closer look, Jonathan blinked a few times at Nukesaku's make-up. He stood up and lent him a hand.

"I apologize for tripping over you, my lady."

Nukesaku paid him back with a slap on the side of his hand before he pushed himself up and jump squatted.

"I appreciate your offer to help, but let me stand up for myself."

"If you say so, but I'll never forgive myself for hurting a woman."

"Well, I'm also a man."

He offered his hand to have a handshake with the gentleman. That gentleman shook his hand in return and smiled at him. When Nukesaku had blushed at Jonathan, Dio stomped at the floor with a bang.

"D-Dio!!"

"Hoho! If it wasn't my dear friends. Just so we're clear, this gentleman, Jonathan Joestar, is now my best friend."

He harshly pushed Nukesaku away from the two of them, and then with malicious eyes on the one he just pushed, he wrapped his arm around Jonathan's waist.

Although comforted and melted by his embrace, Jonathan stared at Dio and widened his mouth a little before asking,

"W-What are you doing? Dio, just what do you want from me?"

With his charming dimples, Dio's two emeralds darted to JoJo's direction.

"What do I want? To be best friends with the one who can possibly beat me, of course."

"Us, best friends? Are you kidding? Should I just befriend you, Erina's kisser and Danny's killer?!"