This Love, This Hate

"Jonathan is your name, wasn't it? Why was my friend's stone mask broken before his time?"

Dio overheard them while reading a book about the most delicious poisons.

'Since when the stone mask had become of enough interest to be broken? Don't tell me others knew about it too...'

"I-I don't know what you're talking about, but I certainly didn't-"

When he heard the stop in JoJo's voice he decided to take a look at the situation while still hiding behind a bookshelf.

'Just mind your own business and look for the perfect poison for George and JoJo. Damn it!'

The man tightened his grip around his neck and very quickly leaned into his ear to whisper.

"Anyway, it doesn't matter whether you or someone else broke the mask. What matters is that I must now exterminate you before you and your descendants get in my and DIO's heaven plan."

Still choking him, he got away from his face, striked his lower leg with his kneecap, and had his available hand very quickly grabbed a knife from his pocket.

Out of his instincts, Dio dropped the book as he sprinted towards them and then pushed the side of his assailant.

'I don't know why I suddenly pushed that priest when he was about to stab JoJo. All I know was that I should've just let him be killed and go take a bath instead.'

After he fell to his side from Dio's push, the priest rolled to his back and saw the familiar blond teen's eyes who panted in front of him.

"D-Dio? Why?!"

JoJo rubbed his painful throat as he coughed and gasped for his breath.

"Why did you stop me, my beloved Dio?"

As JoJo slowly got up to go near the stone mask's broken pieces, even with a bleeding leg that he cannot freely move, Dio sprinted towards the space between the two of them and spreaded his hand with fierce gaze.

"I won't allow a lowly priest to hurt my most respected rival. Now go before I might hurt you too."

When he turned his head towards JoJo, he froze with enlarged eyes darted to JoJo's wrists that got joined together with a hand, and bruised by someone that looked like a long blond-haired fat man with donut curls on the hair tips and pink clothes.

"No one... can stop me... Mother,... I'll... repair... the mask... before... I die... Still,... I won't... let... Dio... kill... father... with it..."

"How dare you accuse me, JoJo?!"

'So this brat already knew my intent to kill. Damn it!

...Wait, he kept more smoke pipes from me all this time?! What a sly delinquent...'

Another bloodied man had appeared, and he also had long blond hair with donut curls and a pink attire, except that he was muscular just like when JoJo last saw him. He collected the pieces before JoJo can reach them.

"Another Funny?!"

"Yes, both of us are named Funny Valentine. I know that you'll endanger America with your sentimentality, Johnny. I mean, JoJo. Dio, it's useless to protect him."

Upon regaining his composure from being called useless, Dio put out three knives from his pockets, and pointed a knife just millimeters away from the priest's neck. His other hand had two knives that were pointed to two men that looked almost identical to each other.

"Useless? I, Dio, am the only one who can use that word."

Unlike the priest who just sat there on the floor staring at Dio, Funny kicked his kneecap with force that made him tumble as the knives fell from his hands and tears fell from the corners of his eyes. Luckily, he still had the strength to balance himself as he bent his knees amidst the trembling legs and pain.

'When have I become too soft?! I should have stabbed them instead of just threatening them.'

The priest had surprise punch mark on his face from an invisible phenomena.

"Father Pucci, you're quite weak just like your master. I won't let you nor heaven ascension DIO harm my country with your so-called heaven."

Below a second later, Pucci was already near the desk with the broken stone mask on his hands. The two teens were dumbfounded not only because he seemed like he teleported, but also because of hearing the name DIO and the statement about him harming Funny's country.

"Too slow... I believe that only him can repair this mask. Farewell..."

"Pucci!!!!"

Funny shouted as Pucci brought out a Corpse part from his pocket.

When it emitted light, a purple-skinned long layered blond-haired tall muscular man in white clothing that emphasized his crotch and inner thighs appeared from outside a door of the library. That man looked like a much bigger version of young Dio. He placed his leg in front of his other leg and vice versa as he shook his hips.

"There's no need to leave, my dear Pucci."

The stone mask was repaired instantly and the presidents floated out of their control.

"Let go of me, DIO..."

"Hoho. If it wasn't the traitor... Or should I say, traitors... You should call me lord DIO, remember?"

"Let go of him!"

When the injured Funny coughed and was about to close his eyes, JoJo tried to bump onto the strangler only for him to be gone from his sight without even taking a second. He stumbled a little as he stopped himself from sprinting

"JoJo, if you collide onto him, both you and DIO will disintegrate."

"But Funny!!!!"

The smaller Dio wrapped his arms around JoJo's armpit and shoulders.

"Don't move. Even with all my pride, I can still say that we can't win."

"But Dio!"

"Please remember the days that we had spent together. Yes, I still despise you, but how can I survive in this useless world without you, JoJo?!"

"What?"

As the younger Dio's eyes began to rain upon saying those words, an unseeable force repaired the stone mask and kept it inside the study desk, then repaired its lock before the older DIO asked,

"Since when did you care about him, younger me? I don't remember having regard of his life when I was your age, nor seven years later, except when he drew his last breath..."

He stared at the smaller one with such great curiosity, and then at JoJo with great tenderness.

"One hundred years later, I'm sure that you'll miss him just as I do. Too bad, I still do not know whether you'll choose JoJo or godhood."

As the still crying teen Dio looked up at him, he ruffled his hair. That teen wrapped his suit around the now weakening and asleep JoJo's bruised leg, and hugged him around the chest and the waist.

"Take care. If you're still wondering, Funny, Pucci and I have powers and invisible souls called stands. Stands are the reason why there are two Funnies here."

Suddenly, older DIO carrying Pucci on his back, with levitating Funnies around them, was behind JoJo and younger Dio.

"And why Pucci and I can be gone from your sight without taking a second. The stands may or may not have the ability to interact with the physical matter around here."

He took out a glowing corpse part from his clothing.

"Oh, that's right. I should repair the library out of courtesy as a former gentleman of Victorian era England."

He smiled at them with golden eyes that were like dams that prevented the water from leaking. The whole place reverted back to normal as he walked around.

"It seems that the Joestar bloodline will really end in this universe. Farewell."

When the light from the corpse enveloped DIO, Pucci and two Funnies, they disappeared.