Chapter 10

So here we are back to square one sitting in the doctor's room I hold Jonathan's hand and we watch the doctor's go through Jonathan's blood tests results. Jonathan is trembling so hard that he is making me vibrate too. We look at each other and laugh a little trying to break the nerves. I look around and there aren't as many people her just Martha,Chuck,My mom and His uncle Larry. The doctor sits down and looks at us we all hold our breath today we was gonna find out how bad it was and what treatment that could possibly save him.

The doctor looks at us and smiles "Jonathan my boy, i'm sorry but your cancer has reached it's late stage. In order to possibly save you, you will have to go through radiation and more treatments." Jonathan's mom starts to cry and so does Jonathan,we all break down everyone except me I was devastated I dont know why I wasnt crying I think I cried myself out or maybe I just expected it or already knew. Everyone but his parents and mine leave upset and Jonathan is taken straight to the hospital through an ambulance car.

Jonathan tells his mom to go ahead and get something to eat with my mom. They smile and leave the hospital to. Jonathan is laying in the bed and chuckles while a tear comes down his eyes and he stares at me "I guess I really will never see you walk down the isle." He starts to cry. I run over to him and hug him.

"Jonathan." I gently press my hand on his cheek then Tears flow down my eyes I didn't know what to say to him I was speechless we always talked about marriage but he really ment it I mean so did I.but I didn't know it met that much to him. My mom comes and gets me and we drive home not saying a word mostly because there was nothing to say.

My mom tells me she was making cookies and tells me to sit and talk with her. I wipe my tears away and sit down. "Louise im sorry honey." I sigh "Yea me too." I take in a deep breath "He was gonna marry me." I choke the words out and began to bawl. She runs over and hugs me "I know."

After eating cookies with my mom I go to my room. 'My life is over, my love is on the edge of death.' I throw my self onto the bed and as soon as I hit the bed I fall asleep holding my pillow the way Jonathan once held me.