Chapter 46: Mission 5 - Attack on the Wealth District

The following night, the rebel base was back to business as per usual. The four heroes—The Viper, Duncan, The Crawler, and Shocker—were seated around one of the round tables in the middle of the hideout, doing nothing in particular at the moment.

T.J. and Logan were training another group of new rebels on how to handle the resistance's pistols, rifles, and other pieces of weaponry with pinpoint precision, Ollie kept the teleporter in order, and Sylvester attended to any other needs the rebels may have had, while also keeping Doc in check as always. And finally, the mysterious figure from the Ember Holding Cells kept to himself within his room, not bothering to interact with anyone.

Moody hustled over to the heroes' table, but unlike the previous nights where she would have a whole mission lined up for them, she only stopped by for a moment to provide additional updates on the situation.

"Marcel has touched base with Marcelle and given me the formula for her potion bottles; I've given Ollie the go-ahead to start making them whenever he has time. Right now, though, the Oreforged Resistance doesn't have a lot to accomplish outside the base for the time being, but Duncan has requested that all four of you go out on a mission.....with him as the lead this time," Moody said.

Both The Viper and The Crawler looked at Duncan with interest.

"Well.....I didn't know you had something in mind," the heroine commented. "What are we doing?"

"Yeah, boss, what's up? Are we going to kick some more Steelguard butt?" The Crawler added.

"I'm not sure. Sylvester made me aware of my brother's plan last night, but not the details surrounding it....." Shocker mused. "He did say it involved destroying a lot of stuff."

"As much as I'd love to give you the run-down again.....I'm getting tired. I've been doing this thing for four straight missions already.....and I'd like to take a break. Since this was Duncan's idea anyway, I'll just let him take the helm while I help T.J. and Logan train the other revolutionaries tonight. Sound good?" Moody asked.

After the three other heroes—besides Duncan—voiced their approval, Moody nodded.

"Good luck, you four," she said before leaving to join T.J. and Logan at the target range.

Then, Duncan got out of his seat and stood in the same spot where Moody had been just seconds before. "So.....I've chosen you three to accompany me on this mission because for one thing, you're all capable of spreading massive destruction in a short period of time, and for another, we've all seen the blatant corruption taking place in the high-class district."

"Of course. Their callousness enrages me," Shocker confessed. "Besides Sylvester, Margo, Marcel, and Marcelle.....you'd be hard-pressed to find any compassionate people there."

"Yeah, I think we all saw that last night," The Viper chimed in. "They chained me to a wall like I was some kind of sex slave."

Duncan gave her a skeptical glance. "Come on.....I wouldn't go that far....."

"You heard the criminals say what they were going to do to me, right? I was literally like Leia during her time with Jabba the Hutt. Except the Iron Kingpin is just uglier and worse-dressed."

The Crawler stifled a laugh, but immediately shut up when The Viper glared daggers at him.

"Right.....maybe I'm wrong, then. Let's move on to something else," Duncan resumed.

"What exactly are we doing, brother?" Shocker inquired.

"That's a surprise."

"......What? .....Can you at least tell us where we're going?"