Chapter 4

I stopped to catch my breath. I turned around :

He wasn't there.

I turned left and right, making sure he wasn't hiding somewhere without me noticing. he really wasn't there.

I stopped for a second trying to figure out if this is really reality or just a nightmare. What does this Zayn want from me? Why is he acting like this? Why me? 

I was 5 minutes away from home. Usually it takes me 20 on feet but it only took me –I check my watch- 11 minutes. Fear gripped me and for a moment I struggle for a breath and wonder if I am overreacting.

My eyeliner was all over my red cheeks, my hair soft but curly hair is now more than a mess. I must look like a homeless druggie.

I kept running anyway.

Three minutes after I was at my door step. As my shaking hand dived in my bag to find my keys, the door was burst open ;

"Sach!" My mother's eyes scanned my face like Zayn's eyes did. "What in the world happened to you?!" she pulled me into a tight hug.

We walked in, still hugging. I allowed myself to sob in her chest and she let me ruin her favorite shirt with my makeup. After I calm down ,she waited for me to explain.

I couldn't.

"It just a bad day, mum. Nothing really" I insist. But she won't buy it.

"Sach," her warm arm surrounded my wide shoulders. She turned me to face her, "You know you can always tell me anything."

Last thing she needs to know right now is some weird old guys stalks her only daughter. "There's nothing to say mum," I say, "If there was anything I would tell you, you know that." I slipped from under her grip. "I'm gonna go upstairs and rest." 

I locked my bedroom door behind me. And the first thing I checked was if Zayn's car was outside like every day or not.

It wasn't.

I sighed. In relief but at the same time in fear. Wondering where is he.

I curled into a ball in my bed, squeezing my eyes shut begging for rest. And for a second I wish I wouldn't wake up. 

But I did woke up, and I woke up in the nightmare instead of waking out of it. it was –I check my watch- 1:24am. I was more than exhausted. I laid in darkness, staring at the fan-ceiling. Not being able to move. I didn't want to move. I just wanted this nightmare to end. 

I closed my eyes and dived back to sleep. I am not sure if I could take on life yet.

My mum woke me up for school. only to be surprised by my period. I groaned. Definitely not the best time.

"I'm not going." I say as I held my stomach walking into the kitchen.

"Are you alright, babe?" my mum asked in anxiously.

"Just fine," I kissed her cheek as I drank water. "Just period cramps and I'm bit tired. Can I just stay?" I begged.

She shrugged, turning the newspaper. "Is it that bad, though?" she took a sip from her morning cold coffee.

"Yes" I argued. 

"Then go back to sleep." She took off her reading glasses and stood up. "I'm going to work now," she came closer. "Will you be okay alone?"

I rolled my eyes "Mum," I say "I'm bloody 17" 

She grabbed her laptop bag and keys. "See you later then, Ms.17"

I made myself a cup of tea to smooth up the cramps. It was unbearable. As I finished I held the warm mug with my tiny fingers begging for heat in the cold house.

I climbed back my bed, sitting in the same spot with a book in my hand. I kept reading for what seemed like hours. But the warmness of the tea and the comfy bed made me not feel the time passing. 

I rolled over, I was laying comfortably with my head resting in my pillow and a blanket thrown on top of me, the book is closed and neatly placed on my bookshelf . I was still half asleep but I noticed it. with confusion, I rolled over to the over side only to be surprised with a body laying next to me..