Chapter 7

-Peter pov-
It has been a few weeks since the incident. The Avengers have made a base closer to the mansion. We have been helping them fix it up. We want to make sure they have a school they can be safe in.

We have added defenses to the outside and inside. I have gone through and tested them all. I am finally healed up and able to walk on my own as well. I am just happy to have my body back to almost 100%.

I have not talked with Wanda about my dream entering with Pepper. Neither of them saw my mask was facing toward me. KAREN showed me the next day that they came in and were glowing. I need to tell Wanda that it is not a good thing to do.

I walk around the school and take pictures with the kids. Apparently I am a hero to them. I am not necessarily a mutant but I am not normal either. I am a huge push toward them being accepted.

I look at my phone and the photo of my former friends. It is soon covered by an alert. I rush to my suit and then out to Manhattan. I need to stop Hobgoblin from doing more damage than he already has.

I swing with speed to the destination of the alert. It is a new Oscorp lab. I never met the Norman man who owns it. I am about to land and enter when an explosion rocks the building.

I rush inside when I brush off the damage. I get people out as quick as I can. The tower is not going to go down on me. I start shootings webs when I reach the maximum damaged zone.

I get KAREN to send a S.O.S to the groups. I need help here getting people out. I am in the air holding webs together. I am trying to keep this together better than that one ship.

I feel my muscles starting to grow tired but I keep it together. I see that Sam is on his way with Bruce but they are a bit away still. That is when laughter breaks out from behind me. I barely move out of the way from the glider slicing me.

"HELLO SPIDER-MAN!" I look at the hobgoblin who has a permanent smile on his face "You seem stressed! Why not SMILE AWHILE?!"

He pulls out a bomb but it is thrown away. Sam takes him down just to get pushed away. Bruce works quickly to jump in and out to get people out. I make eye contact with Sam who moves to help Bruce.

"Hotdog man!" I hear a growl and Hobgoblin moves to in front of me "I am the man who will stop you! You do not scare me at all!"

"Oh Peter I think I do" My smile falls and his returns proving that his face is real enough to frown "You think I would ever forget you Parker? Ever forget MJ? Ever forget May?"

"Everyone is out"

That is all I needed to know to tackle him down. The building collapses and we are fighting in falling ruble. We exchange punches until he gets a good one. He tries to fly away but I web to his glider and we both escape out as the lab falls.

I climb up and take him by surprise when we get a little bit away. We crash into a roof and away from the glider. He pushes a button on his wrist to have it fly toward him. Flashbacks play and I catch it with my web.

"No" I pull it to me and break the glider "We finish this now"

"Oh Peter" He chuckles and I hear ticking "You never have thought ahead"

The glider pieces explode and I get sucked punched. We are in a fight again and it is mostly one sided. I can not get a good punch in on him. I groan as I get my head bounced off the roof.

A shield saves me from further damage though. He covers his face as I get helped up. A new glider comes to him and he looks at me. My heart shatters as I see the face behind the mask.

"You have not won today whoever you are" He chuckles and smirks "I have many more names to try until I find what breaks you!"

"Who was that guy?" I look at Sam who seems concerned "He knew you Pete"

"He is my old best friend Ned" I look at where Hobgoblin disappeared to "He is trying out New York names to find out who I am"

"Hopefully he sticks to saying them" Bruce may be big but he can still sneak around "What do we do about this?"

"I have no idea" I look at my hands and then where Ned went off to just for my spider senses to kick in "Move!"

We all move just as a claw crashes through the ground. Three more coke through and break open a hole. A lady comes up looking like Otto. She narrows her eyes and points toward me.

"You cost my company their building!" I hold up a hand for the other two not to attack "What will the Avengers do?"

"We will help fix it ok?" She does not seem to accept that answer "I promise"

"Norman will not be happy" She shakes her head "I will be watching you Spider-man"

"As will I" I turn as Adrian lands behind me "We need to talk Peter"

For fuck sake.