Chapter 18: The end

-Pepper pov-
It has been three years since we lost Peter. Three years since I let Michelle move in with us. She has been a great help with raising Morgan. I stepped away from the hero life for good since we lost him.

I have focused on my life and aiding people with Stark Labs. We are currently working on something to help cure cancer. Michelle is one of the brightest minds I have ever met. That is being right beside Tony and Peter of course.

We buried him right next to Ned. Gave them both a nice tombstone to remember them. I have given my time to everything else and everyone else to forget him the best I can. But I know it has not worked.

We made an award for him at work. We give it to the best up and coming minds in the company. Michelle won it unanimously by everyone's vote the first time. Since then others have won it and we celebrate all the same.

Miles universe ended up smashing into ours so we have him patrolling New York now. He would be making Peter and Tony proud. I just wish he could be beside them both. I sigh as I walk back to my desk from the window.

I stop when I see Wanda sitting in my chair with Steven on the desk. They seem like they want to talk serious business. I am not sure what they would want to talk about though. I walk over and pull up a chair before sitting so they can speak.

"We have found a disturbance in the multiverse" I look at Wanda confused "Peters body seems to have changed with someone else's and we are not sure how"

"Oldest Peter was found in the grave with a note from a Mary Jane" Steven makes the note appear and hands it to me "This is what we found"

I open the note slowly and begin to read,

'Dear reader,
Peter spent the past few years fighting some villains but came across something worse. Our child will not be an orphan as we send Mayday to middle Peter to live. But I have been diagnosed with cancer and Peter has a plan.

We found a Mephisto who will make deals. We plan to trap him in a infinite loop. The two of us will live and die while he is stuck watching over us. We can be together forever but not with Mayday.

For this we will bring back Peter. The Peter that you lost. I grew fond of him through our adventures together. Do not read the top again as the writer will change off and on. Please take care of my friend and the one you love Pepper.

We both got our chance at love and we hope you two do as well.

Love Peter and Mary Jane'

"The body swaps every now and then" Steven takes back the note "The note will swap every now and then too minus the bottom half"

"My Peter is out there?" They both nod and I stand up "Let me get him! Take me to him!"

"We already got him" I am confused and the room changes to the compounds living area. It is decorated for my birthday "We figured this would be a better present than anything else"

I am confused as everyone moves to dance with their partners. Rubbing this in my face is the best option? I would think there is a better present. I sigh as they group up to do what seems like slow dancing.

-Radio-
I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure

"What a thoughtful present" I sigh and sit in a chair "Even Michelle has a partner"

Don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

"Well I do not" My heart stops and I turn to see a smiling face "May I have this dance love?"

'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

We find our way to the dance floor as everyone looks at us. Michelle gives a nod and smiles happily. I look my partner in the eyes and let myself relax. They are real and I can feel their hands on me.

Lying close to you feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together
And I just wanna stay with you
In this moment forever, forever and ever

I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

"I picked the song" He smiles wide and full of happiness "You like it?"

All I can do is nod.

'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

I don't wanna miss one smile
I don't wanna miss one kiss
Well, I just wanna be with you
Right here with you, just like this

I just wanna hold you close
I feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time, yeah, yeah, yeah

"You ever gonna talk back?" I shake my head and smile as he chuckles "Figured as much"

Don't wanna close my eyes
Don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

"Song is winding down" He tilts his head in the cute way only he can "You gonna speak now?"

I still answer him with only a head shake and getting closer to him.

'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
And I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

Don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep, yeah
I don't wanna miss a thing

"You are here" I let the tears fall as we sway together "I love you Peter"

"I love you Pepper" I pull back and see him smiling "Now for the kiss I have been waiting for"

We meet in the middle for a mind melting kiss. I never want to be away from him ever again. My life feels complete now that he is back. He was there in my recent dark times and I was there for him.

We were made for each other thanks to Tony. Now to enjoy my birthday, life, and my new love. Being normal may not be overrated after all.