Chapter 2

Training time!

Levi watched as all the cadet's fought hand and hand with one another. Some hurting themselves by being prats and some moving fiercely and smoothly to disarm their lower-class men. He thought about a familiar blonde, obviously wondering how she was doing. His smokey grey eyes scanned the dusty field. To his dismay, he found her chatting, looking solemn, among two other cadets, Cadet Mikasa Ackerman and Cadet Annie Leonhart.

"Cadet Layla Aspen." He growled. The girls heads whipped in his direction, shocked by his tone. LA knew she had to come face to face with him. She silently accepted her fate and walked towards him. She was slightly shorter than Levi, but only by about a half an inch.

"Why aren't you practicing?" he forced out. LA kept her head down and tugged on her jacket. She felt a sudden pressure against her back. She soon realized her position, forced against the wall and trapped in Levi's cage of arms.

She heard him release another low growl, feeling it on her neck. "Cadet Aspen, tell me NOW! Why are you not practicing!?"

By now, he had definitely drawn attention to them. This was all negative, in fact the people actually were screaming at Levi, both in anger and worry for LA's safety. "Corporal! Get away from her!" screamed Mikasa. Levi still focused on his muse. She still didn't give him an answer and he was getting annoyed. "What's wrong with you!" he yelled in her face. He grabbed her chin tightly and pulled up, revealing her neck. Scars, bruises and cut, both scabbed and fresh, painted her skin. Levi let go abruptly and stepped backwards in shock. Nobody saw his emotion through his air tight, expressionless face.

LA dropped to the floor and the girls, and Jean :3, rushed to her. Levi slowly walked away backwards, still keeping his eyes on Cadet Aspen. Her face showed the same expressionless tone as he constantly kept. She just stared at the ground.