Chapter 8

The next day (and yes LA has recovered mostly because I failed to mention, she was out for a couple days)

Levi addressed the line of cadet's in front of him. He explained the day's training and possible titan attack. He saw multiple heads swivel in the direction of the HQ but Eren spoke up first. "Captain, where's LA" Levi sighed. She was coming today but he didn't want her strain herself. He especially didn't want her to collapse because of the heat or get bombarded about her baby.

Trot Trot Trot

"C-Corporal! Ymir shouted in a serious tone. Her breathing was ragged as she had ran from the other side of the HQ. She stopped at his side and panted. "It's L-Layla..." She sputtered. Levi's eyes widened and his heart beat quickened. "What about her?" He wondered. Ymir took a deep breath once again.

"Something's wrong..."

Levi ran down the hallways of HQ with Ymir trailing behind him. He slammed open the door to his spotless room. Squelch! LA heaved into her pillow and let the fabric rip.

Levi stepped carefully up to her. The stench hit him like a truck. Holding his nose, he examined the girl in his bed. She was shaking violently and heaving up disturbing amounts of bile onto the sheets. Levi sat on the edge of the bed and shooed off Ymir. He rubbed her back comfortingly, trying to calm her down. He new she wasn't doing well and something else was sure to happen tonight. He just wanted her to get better. And she threw up again.

"Oi, brat you're fucking up the bed sheets." He hissed, still rubbing her back. LA lurched forward. Her hand felt for Levi's and she forced herself to talk. "L-Levi..." She managed to choke out. Levi's eyes softened. He picked her up and moved her into the chair across the room, setting her down lightly and removed, replaced and reset the sheets. Once more he moved LA to the bed. He tried to set her down but she clung to him. He fell on top of her as she collapsed into the bed. Only then he realized she had fallen asleep in his arms.

Late into the night Levi's POV

I haven't gotten much sleep tonight. Its only about two in the morning so I keep trying but thoughts of LA keep tricking me. I gave her some room in my bed so I took my desk chair. She keeps making noises, that annoying brat, but she's quiet now. I can finally feel my eyes dropping and that rush of peace as I fall asleep.

Cough.

There's a noise again?

.Cough!

I shot up and out of the chair. The air was hot and sticky and sounds of people stomping down the hallway rang into my ears. I heard a clang from across the room and saw LA rushing to put on her 3DMG gear. She didnt notice me but I saw her coughing, leaving small amounts of blood on her sleeves. She stomped out the door as I was putting on my gear...