Chapter 7

Levi paced around the infirmary while his head hung low. His once crisp, freshly ironed button down was down wrinkled and hung off one of his shoulders. His fingers played with the stains of blood on the white fabric. He smoothed his sweat soaked hair back and the rubbed his eyes as the dark circles became more visible.

His head swiveled towards the awaking LA in bed. She rubbed her eyes and hissed as she suddenly became conscious of the pain in her stomach. He let her realzie where she was, and when she did, she saw Levi. She lifted her arm in a sloppy salute and yawned. Levi took a step closer to her as she began to talk and he watched her eyes gleam.

"I'm sorry" she uttered. Levi crossed his arms and sighed. She had nothing to be sorry for. She was probably so scarred that she said sorry for everything. "Why are you sorry Cadet" he asked, already knowing the answer would be I don't know. She cleared her throat before responding in a soft voice. "I ignored a direct order Corporal." Levi flinched a bit, obviously surprised at the answer. Did he tell her something? His face softened just enough to show a hint of concern. "What was the order?"

LA nodded and said "You told me not to close my eyes." There was a eerie silence that remanded unbroken for a period of time. The silence only broke after a soft hiccup interrupted. Levi was now hugging LA. She held on tight to his messy shirt, staining it more with tears. Levi crawled onto bed with her and let her cry, still maintaining his stoic face. "I-I l-l-lost my baby!" she wailed into his shoulder. She gripped her stomach and nearly tore her bandages. Levi's hand found her's and held it tightly. LA pulled away and wiped tears from Levi's now red face. "And I cant believe I almost lost you." he whispered before kissing her deeply.