Chapter 10

Levi's POV

God I fucked up. She wont even come near me but dammit I just wanted to help her. I miss how she would trust me. I miss her cute gestures. I miss the way she would cling to me for comfort. Dammit I even miss the way she would cry. I checked the date on my calendar and adjusted my tie. Today is the day that my best friend, Farlan Church died years ago. Its funny. She reminds me so much of him. Her blonde hair that is never tamed and her beautiful... beautiful blue eyes. Her smile too. Shit, Ive fallen head over heels for that girl, and to think I used to dismiss her.

I held the notes in my hand. I always write notes for him, the most important thing in my life. Every year, I gather them all and visit him at his grave. I sit and talk to him all day. If any of the others found out I basically talked to myself in a field one day a year, I would flip my shit. I shuffled the papers. making sure they were in order, before heading out the door. I passed the gun hold and the kitchen, cadets staring at me as I walked passed. I made it to the stables and managed to saddle up my horse without catching even a glimpse of LA. Where is she? I positioned myself on the horse and started off on a slow walk towards his grave. Before my thoughts could wander I saw a girl running through the streets, hair flowing behind her. And SHIT she was fast. She was holding some papers so I thought maybe she was late for work?

I wiped my mind of this girl. She was random person, why did I care what her problems were? The horse started to trot, passing the girl as she banked down an alley way. Curious... I neglected it and kept riding. Soon  enough I arrived. I tied my horse to a tree and gazed at the green fields. A figure caught my attention though. I squinted to see her clearly. It was the same girl I saw in the alley! Why was she here!? I'm furious by now, so I started making my away towards her. She was running towards the hill where Farlan's grave was with... a handful of papers. One escaped her grasp and hit me in the face. I tore it off, realizing it was one of my paper I had left last year. The wind was picking up and I was close enough now to see her face. She swept her hair out of her face, it was LA. Her mouth was moving quickly, almost like she was talking to someone. Was she talking to herself?

LA sat at the tree at the top at the hill, directly where he was buried. Her arms also held a torn and tattered teddy bear. It looked very old. 20 years maybe? I continued to creep up behind her , growing more curious. "You know Farlan.." she knew his name? "I met this  really great guy this year.. well.. actually, he is my captain but, I really like him. Reiner started leaving me alone because he was with me! I know how much you hate Reiner." She said to herself.  She started posting the pictures on the tree, along with the many others I had left years before. " His name is Levi. I remember you telling me about this wonderful man. Your best friend right? Levi. He kind of fits the man you used to tell me about. How you wished I would marry him one day, since after all, he was a great man." She thinks I'm great? She doesn't hate me? I started to notice the tear drops on the papers. "Oh.. and Farlan... I'm sorry but your not going to be an uncle again...I lost the baby. Levi saved me though! " she walked back to his grave, head in her hands, and started bawling. "I miss you so much big brother!" 

Brother?

I couldn't stand her crying anymore, so I addressed her sharply. Ouch. Bad move Heichou. "Why are you here, Cadet LA." She tensed at my words and turned around slowly. She met my cold stare. "C-corporal!" she choked out. She sounded terrified, like I was going to hurt her. I took a step. "Answer me now." I hissed. She hiccuped and broke our locked gaze. "I have t-the d-ay dismiss-ed. I always do.." She always has it off? What the fuck then why is she here! I grabbed her arm and pulled her up, holding her collar. "But why are you here!"I screamed, which I quickly realized was the wrong move. She looked at me for a second then threw her arms around me and cried. "He is the only one I have Corporal! I cant just forget about even through he is dead! I never had parents but I had him!" she buried her head in my chest while I stood dumbfounded.