Chapter 14

"Ah! Commander Erwin! Corporal Levi! Welcome!" The King welcomed. Levi hobbled  into the parlor with Erwin and sat himself at the fairest corner. He kept his calm composer as he removed his jacket, the room was absolutely sweltering. For once in his many years of being the Corps, today was one of the days he was permitted not to be uniform. He only got to do this on holiday so he enjoyed every minute of it, despite the fact he was sweating his ass off.

The king sat down in a fanciful chair, landing with a thump. He leaned back and sighed. "So, before we discuss cadet's scores and of course..." he stopped, ruffled through some papers and pointed at a name. "Layla Aspen? That's her name correct? Well, her amazing scores as well. Why don't we start with some light conversation first?!" he laughed off. "So, Erwin! Levi! How is your life? Find a girl yet?" he leaned forward, hoping to find an answer he desired. Erwin let out a chortle and leaned back in his chair. "Interesting question. I have yet to find anyone that I'm even remotely interested in but Levi has seemed too. HM? Levi?" he said through a smirk.  Levi cursed under his breath and looked away. The king smiled at Levi, catching his attention. 

"Actually, yes. Layla Aspen, she prefers to be called LA, is my lover. I adore her." he admitted while still keeping his stoic expression. The King looked shocked but obviously wanted to know more. "Levi! I never thought of you as the falling in love kind of person. Tell me about her!" he yelled. Levi sighed and raised his hand. "There is nothing of importance that I could possibly tell you about LA. She is my lover and I will keep her to myself, Your Highness." he hissed. The king took this rash comment and twisted it in anger. "If you don't tell me something I will-" he was cut off by Levi. "She likes to be sexually teased. There you royal pervert."

Knock Knock Knock

"Levi?" a sweet voice asked. LA walked in with a tray with Levi's favorite black tea and biscuits. "Dear Lord Levi, Its absolutely sweltering in here but anyway, I brought you some tea!" she said smiling. She walked into the parlor, oblivious to the king and set the tray on the table. "Hello Dear." The king welcomed. LA stood up sharply and looked him in the eye. "Oh! H-Hello Your Highness! I Didn't see you there. Would you like some tea too?" she asked sweetly. The King smiled at her and patted the seats. "Oh know dear, but I would like you to join us." LA shrugged and sat next to Levi. He immediately wrapped his arm around her waist. She blushed at his action. He reached for the tea, holding in his quirky way. The King and her chatted aimlessly for a while before one phrase broke into Levi's thoughts.

"So, when are you getting married?"