Chapter One

George's POV
In a lonely hotel room in Florida, I sit in the dark scrolling through Twitter with a bunch of empty thoughts. I'm a British streamer. Recently, I had a huge event that was mandatory for me to attend but I relapsed. I was a drug addict back then and I tried to change my ways for the sake of my reputation but it was hard.

My manager told everyone it was a 'minor mistake' and 'responsible drinking' and 'no one was hurt'. A bunch of bullshit. Who knows why I even hired them anyways since I like doing everything myself.

I have a different life apart from the online one. The truth is my life isn't fun and games like I show everyone on the internet. I can be one miserable individual. My life's a real shit show and when I thought it couldn't get any worst... it did. Welcome to the freakshow.

I sigh putting my phone aside. "This sucks.." I grab my belongings putting on a mask, along with a cap and glasses. I immediately head out the door. It's midnight already. I walk down the empty streets wandering around. I've been in America for about 2 months. I still haven't gotten used to it. Usually, my manager does most of the work for me. I continue walking until loud gunshots are heard. I stop in my tracks.

Of course, I walk the other way. Minding my own business is definitely the better choice. Unknowingly I head inside a dark alleyway where two men seemed to be smoking. Trouble seems to have a thing for following me everywhere I go.

The two strangers turn their direction to me. One of them carried a mischievous smirk on his face. He approaches me and the smell strange, a mix of weed, alcohol and cigarettes. It was familiar.

"What's a cute guy like you doing alone in a place like this?"

"That's obviously none of your business" I spit out.

His friend barely seemed phased.

¡bang!

The man drops down to floor yelling in pain. The other one immediately ditches. I cover my mouth, backing away slowly. My heart starts to race. My anxiety levels start to become uncontrollable.

As I continue moving away, something... or rather someone stops me. I feel something against my back. "Move and I shoot" The stranger warns.

I mean where would I even go? I saw something I shouldn't have. There's no way he'll let me go just like that.

After a moment of silence.

The stranger speaks up again.

"..George?" He asks turning me over taking off my glasses. The boy looks into my multicolored eyes. He had a smiley face mask on and a green hoodie. Almost familiar to someone I knew.

I tilt my head a bit. "How do you know my name?" I ask without a second thought but then I realize.. everyone knows me. I'm fucking screwed.

Some yelling was heard and quickly the stranger wraps his arm around my waist and shoots a grappling hook up to the next building.

As we stand on the rooftop of a nearby building, I start panicking internally. The man moves his hand down to my hand squeezing it. More gunshots are heard from all directions. Talk about wrong time, wrong place.. Something about the masked stranger holding my hand brings me somewhat a weird type of comfort. It's like I know him but at the same time- I don't.

"You're going to get yourself killed" He starts looking around for an exit.

"..What's going on-?"

"A manslaughter"

My head immediately perks up and I look over at him pulling my hand back. He looks back at me and sighs. "Things weren't supposed to go this far- I- fuck.. I'm taking you home, my home" He slowly intertwines his fingers with mine. "I'll make sure nothing happens to you"