4 - Doctor Appointments. 2637 words

Thomas fell asleep while sitting up, holding Hope in his arms. She started to stir, he woke up, wanting to keep her safe. "Good morning Hope! Do you feel better?"

She nodded. "Good morning Thomas"

"Would you like to take a shower?" He walked her to the bathroom. "This is our shower. The towels are here. The shampoo, soap, toothbrush are here. If you need anything, anything at all please let me know. Ok?"

"Is this a warm shower?"

"He turned it on for her, and made sure it was warm. "Enjoy princess."

After years of bathing in the cold river, Hope stood in the shower embracing the warmth of the water on her skin.

Thomas left the bathroom. He mind-linked his mom, the Luna, because Hope did not have any clothes. A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. "Your father said she was frail so I brought some small sizes. I hope she likes these choices." She noticed the pillow on the couch. "How is she?"

At that moment Hope stepped out of the bathroom with a towel around her. She whimpered when she saw the Luna. "Oh, child, you are beautiful. I brought you some clothes. Do you need anything else?" Hope nodded no. "OK, we will see you at breakfast."

Hope picked a dress and panties and got dressed while Thomas took a shower. Then he got dressed into a black T-shirt and jeans. He took her hand and they went to breakfast. Hope noticed that the butterflies in her stomach were back.

They sat with his mother and father. His father introduced Alexandria to Hope. "Oh, please call me Alex." His father chimed in, "And call me Soto."

"Hope, how was your first night? I hope you were comfortable," Alex asked.

Hope nodded. "Thank-you." Nobody cared about her comfort before.

Thomas added, "She had a nightmare last night. But I protected her from the bad dreams."

His father chuckled, "It's about time someone protected her."

"I did not mean to disturb Thomas. I am sorry," She whispered.

"You did not disturb me. You were scared. I am happy to make you feel safe," Thomas said sincerely.

His father's face went blank, and then returned to normal. "Thomas, Hope has a medical appointment after breakfast. It's important that she does not miss her appointment," as the Alpha smiled at Hope.

A new she-wolf brought them breakfast. "Hope, this is Almond."

Almond smiled, "You are a new member to the pack. Welcome. Do you have any favorites that you like to eat?"

Hope glanced at Thomas. "May I have tarts?"

Thomas smiled. "Of course. Are there any tarts in the kitchen?"

Almond smiled, "I believe we have some mixed fruit tarts. Let me check." Almond returned with the tarts. A small smile spread on Hope's lips.

Thomas mind-linked Almond. "If you can fit it in your schedule, could youno please make a variety of different tarts for lunch. She's finally eating."

Almond looked at the skinny girl. "It would be my pleasure. She definitely needs to eat." Almond spoke to Hope,"Do you have any other favorites?"

Hope shrugged. "I do not have favorites. I ate whatever Sir did not want. I ate the leftovers." Almond shook her head,"Everybody is allowed favorites. I will see what I can do." Almond left the table.

Luna was afraid to ask, "Hope, what happened if there were no leftovers?"

"Then I didn't eat."

Alex became firm, "Hope, at our pack. Everybody eats everyday. You will become a member of our pack, which means you will also eat everyday."