19. Rogues. 2441 words

The men shifted into their wolves and ran to the border.

Thomas, Beta Dolph, and Delta Zeeb were racing to the border with Alpha Soto. The could smell the blood of the dead rogues. More rogues were still coming and fighting. Thomas started growling and tearing out the necks of one rogue after another rogue. He glanced to his left and saw a rogue try to attack the Alpha from the rear. Thomas quickly leaped in the direction of his father and knocked the rogue down before it reached his father. Thomas and the rogue circled each other. "Why are you attacking my pack?" Thomas growled.

"We are here for the female!" the rogue snarled back.

Thomas and the rogue were still circling each other. "Why?" Thomas barked.

"She is worth a lot of money," the rogue leaped at Thomas and bit his leg. Beta Dolph leaped on the rogue and took a chunk out of his neck.

"Are you ok Thomas?" Beta Dolph asked.

"Take prisoners, this is a planned attack," Thomas said angrily.

As the rogues numbers dwindled, they started running away. The warriors rounded up the prisoners. Alpha Soto mind-linked Thomas, "Can you walk?"

"Yes," Thomas started limping towards the rogue prisoners. "Take them to the dungeons."

Delta Zeeb shifted. "Thomas, you need to go to medical."

"No, I am going to interrogate the prisoners," Thomas growled.

"Son, take care of your leg. Then we will interrogate the prisoners together." Thomas nodded to his father. He shifted back to his human form. He grabbed a pair of shorts from behind a tree and hobbled to medical.
*************************************
Thomas limped into medical. The nurses came running over. "Bring him to room 2." The doctor walked in and examined Thomas.

"Thank goodness you are an Alpha. Your wound has already started to heal. What caused this wound?" the doctor asked.

"A rogue," Thomas answered.

"Rogues spread infections. I will get you some antibiotics. I should be able to release you in a couple of hours."

Hope came running into the hospital. "Where is Thomas?"

"Room 2," the nurse replied as she pointed in the direction of the room.

Hope walked into room 2 and saw Thomas hooked up to an IV. She felt the tears come to her eyes. She blinked several times and held the tears back. She needed to be strong for Thomas. "Are you ok? Who did this to you?"

"Rogues. They were sent to capture a female," Thomas replied.

"I will kill them," Reika came forward. "How dare they harm mate!"

"I am ok, I will be released in a couple of hours," Thomas cooed.

"Protect mate," Reika growled.

"Reika, we are good, my love," Dexter purred.

Reika snapped her head towards him. "Nobody hurts my mate."

"I love you too sweetheart," Dexter cooed.

Reika stared at Thomas and began to give control back to Hope. "Reika is very protective of you and Dexter."

"I am glad you are both on my side," Thomas grinned.

Alpha Soto walked into Thomas' room. "How do you feel son?"

"The doctor said I should be out of here in a few hours. We need to interrogate the prisoners. The rogue that bit me said that they were being paid to get the female. We need to know who is paying them and which female," Thomas said.
Both Thomas and his father looked at Hope.