5 - Trials and Determination

"Talking"
'Thinking'

------------<(•v•)>------------

- Ikitsu's POV -

Ash and Rowlet start up their Z-move but it stops once Ash messes up a move. I look over at the sky as I see clouds reminding me of Muichiro 'I miss the other Hashiras...' Rengoku then notices me looking up. "Ikitsu! You are reminding me of Tokito when you're looking up at the sky!" I look back at him before replying to Kyojuro.

"I hope the others are alright..." Kyojuro nodded as he agreed to my wish "I hope so as well!". I put my mind back to what Ash was doing as I heard him in pain for a brief moment "You're really fired up, huh? Just keep up at that attitude. We'll pass the grand trial for sure!" Ash said patting Rockruff despite getting bitten by them a moment ago.

"Remember to keep your guard up, Ash" I nod at Kiawe's comment as Ash says he'll give it his best shot. Soon time moved by as it was almost time for the grand trial as we went down a staircase towards a battlefield "Today, we will all watch Ash's grand trial. Remember to cheer him on" Kukui said as the group agreed.

Soon we were all sitting down on the side lines, Kyojuro and I were told to sit this battle out as we haven't really gotten much experience working with a trainer, we didn't mind that we had to sit this one out as we were curious on how Ash battles.

Olivia walks up to the battle field as we see a familiar looking midday Lycanroc. "Kyojuro, isn't that the Rockruff we saved a few months back" He looks over to the Lycanroc and nodded "Let's see how much they've grow!" He yelled out. At this point I think the group is already used to his loud habits "You don't have to be so loud all the time Kyojuro" I say to him as he just laughs it off.

While we were talking Ash and Olivia talked a bit before the battle started. 'Rockruff has been quite aggressive recently' I looked at them while they growled. "Let's begin the island challenge, the Akala Grand Trial. Wela Volcano, which nurtures Akala Island. Tapu Lele, the guardian of all island life. Watch over this young challenger and I during his island challenge and bestow your strength upon us!" While Olivia was speaking she raised her hands to point towards Wela volcano.

'How will Ash battle? And what will Ash do with Rockruff's increasing aggression?' Rockruff jumps forward. "I'm Battling" They said before getting scooped up by Ash, he and Pikachu tries to calm them down but earns a bite from Rockruff as he starts to growl. "Wow, Rockruff sure is restless, you know" Sophocles pointed out while I just looked at him with a -Like I didn't notice- face.

"We will now begin the grand trial battle. Trainers, your Pokémon!" Kukui stood between the Kahuna and the challenger of the trial. "This is the most challenging Pokémon battle on Akala. Better get ready!" Olivia said "I'm ready, alright!" Ash said it matched the Kahuna's energy. I sign as I close my eyes 'I should really be observing the battle, but I do also need to work on my Aura sensing capabilities. So I'll just ask Kyojuro about it later if I can't fully see it' I walk away as Lillie calls out to me.

"Lucario, are you not gonna watch the battle?" I look over at her before jumping up to higher ground near the battlefield of course. I take a seat and sit down on the floor placing my hands on my lap and then start meditating as I see the Auras of the people and Pokémon around me.

I notice Ash's Aura glows blue as if it was a blue flame, while Olivia has a strong Aura similar to Ash but instead of a blue flame I feel a red one. I then feel the others fall or lay down while Sophocles scratches the back of his head 'The others have a white-ish gray like Aura while the Pokémon, other than me and Kyojuro of course, had a tinted color for their element type.

Although I can't hear much of what Ash is saying I could tell that he was going to send out Rowlet but was cut off when Rockruff jumped into the battlefield. 'Rockruff's Aura is changing a lot, like a fire but with multiple colors that mix in with each other. Could this mean Rockruff will evolve soon?'.