23. Spider-man Meets The Punisher

Fubuki raised her eyebrows as she was impressed by the narrative of the story. Normally she didn't really expect Deadpool to play out a serious role when he was giving out his story of how we encountered Spider-man or at least hanging with him. Although he didn't necessarily know who Spider-man was under the mask when he ran into him at Sister Margaret's when he was 17 or 18 and a half years old and homeless at the time.

Fubuki shifted her gaze to Frank Castle, "Alright Bonehead. How'd you meet my husband?"

Frank scoffed at the nickname, normally in the criminal underworld he was feared by many forms of criminals but Fubuki didn't really show off any hint of fear.

He just decided to get it over with and explain his encounter with the wall-crawler.

~~~

Michael pulled the Spider-Man mask off his face as he descended from a web onto the floor of a seemingly abandoned storage locker. His first breaths were deep and desperate, like he hadn't been able to breathe with the mask on. He looked down at the fabric clenched in his hands, red lenses peering back at him. He never asked to have these powers, to become Spider-man, but he did, because that's what you're supposed to do. If you have the power to become someone great, who can protect others, then you should. Maybe that statement was void at this point- who the hell asks to be like this? Stumbling into some storage locker after getting stabbed in the side so that your family doesn't discover that you're leading a double-life.

All Spider-man wanted to do was crawl home. He wanted to sit down at the kitchen table and act like the entire day didn't happen. He wanted to eat a slice of pie, baked fresh from the oven, and act like he totally didn't monumentally screw up foiling a bank robbery. Like he noticed that one of the guys was coming at him with a knife and that he'd dodged just in time. But he couldn't. Because he was bleeding heavily from a wound in his side.

Spider-man rose to his feet, using the wall behind him for support. He had to find something to stop the bleeding. Sure, the spider-bite gave him a bit of a healing factor, but there were limitations.

He pressed the mask against the bleeding wound, silently cursing himself. Cleaning and patching the suit was one thing. But cleaning it to this extent was going to be a pain in the ass. But that was a sacrifice he was going to have to make, as he was losing blood and his life took some priority over the dry cleaning bill. Speaking of his life-

Spider-man felt a familiar trickle on the back of his neck. Spider-sense did have its perks, such as when bad guys were trying to catch him with his pants down. Or mask off, in this instance. Using the last of his adrenaline, he whipped around, just in time to watch the locker door be thrown open. He extended his arm, throwing a web at the stranger, who dodged it. Spider-man groaned.

"Shop's closed. Come back tomorrow and I'll give you that knuckle sandwich on the house." He called out to the stranger, who'd moved to take cover. Jeez, even his quips were worse for wear in this instance.

"You're trespassing." The stranger said. Spider-man heard the familiar clicking sound of a gun's hammer being pulled back. He groaned yet again, this time louder. Both out of pain and exhaustion. He couldn't deal with this right now.

"For once, I'm not looking for trouble." Spider-man walked out to where he was exposed- bad idea- and raised an arm, the one that wasn't trying to prevent him from bleeding out. "Not to play the 'I'm Spider-Man' card but.. I'm Spider-Man. So, let me just patch this and I'll be out of your hair." The stranger stepped out from the shadows. Similarly to Spider-man, he was also pretty bloody. Except he didn't look like he was the one bleeding. Blood stained the man's clothing, splatters of crimson contrasting against the white of the skull emblem on his torso.