•4•

✠ ━━━━━━━

✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

✩°̥࿐୨୧

When one witnesses the beauty of Metkayina, it's easy to see how the region's name became a byword for an ideal pastoral paradise where the people live an idyllic, innocent, and untroubled life.

The sky consists of an assortment of shades, a blend of reds, oranges, and yellows. The waters below mirror this effect, flickering under the light of the sunset.

They finally felt at ease, sitting on the back of the creature and gazing into this magnificent act of nature after a very exhausting but fun day. With her eyes closed, Saraïyah was listening to the soothing sound of the waves.

They choose to do nothing, all the better to focus on the beauty of this moment. Just enjoying the beautiful surroundings for what they are.

She could feel the sun's rays starting to warm her face and body. There was a slight breeze that kept brushing the strands of her hair right onto her face, but she didn't mind at all because that breeze felt so calming and pleasant on her skin.

They could make out a fisherman throwing a net, villagers riding Ilus, and little children playing with one another in the distance. They could also hear the faint sounds of them talking, laughing, and dancing.

A few miles away, a couple is also taking in this stunning scene while strolling by the sea, next to the rocks. When the man said something, the tall woman began to laugh.

Neteyam observed how Saraïyah was admiring them with a soft smile, his grip on her waist subconsciously tightening.

"What is it?" Still smiling, she turned and peered at him over her shoulder.

He shook his head, "Nothing."

Without giving his actions much thought, she switched her gaze to the couple once again.

Neteyam couldn't put his finger on this overwhelming sensation inside his chest. No, deep down, he was afraid to. For unspoken reasons. And to blow things out of proportion would be foolish on his part. She's merely being kind toward him, even after their awkward encounter. They had just recently met, so neither of them knew all that much about the other. All he knew was that she was easy to talk to and definitely enjoyed the time they spent together.

Nevertheless, there could be no denying the fact that he found her extremely attractive. Her beauty was evident right from her luscious hair, rosy cheeks, and full lips.

He paid careful attention to how bold and delicate the features on her face were. As he looked at her, it was as if certain parts pulled his entire attention and faded everything else. It completely captivated him. It gripped him so intensely that his rate of breathing would get faster and faster every time she was in close proximity to him.