III

~ 𝒜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃𝒶 ~

Peaceful. That's the only word that I would use to describe this exact moment. His arms were wrapped around me tight, but there was a gentleness to it; one hand stroked my hair and held my head to his chest, his other hand on my lower back rubbing small comforting circles, the steady beating of his heart that calmed me and his musky scent.

Ive got you he whispered so gently in my ear.

I take a deep breath and his scent wraps around me in a calming way. I clutched his shirt tighter and he placed a kiss on the top of my head and then buried his head in the crook of my neck. I felt him take a deep breath in and out, I shivered as his warm breath hit my neck.

I was always used to comforting people, giving them hugs, doing comforting gestures; but here in his arms I felt safe. The minute he hugged me, everything went quiet. It felt peaceful. Was this what is felt like to be safe, to have the constant noises in head quite down?

I wanted to stay here forever, in his arms.

This was so wrong; he was a complete stranger. A stranger that I've had a crush on. Crush? Dear god I sounded like a teenager. Never in these past two years did I think even for a that I would even go never a one-meter radius of this man, but here I was, in his arms.

I didn't deserve him; he was so peaceful and all I would do is just disrupt that peace. So, with whatever little strength I could muster, I pulled away. He reluctantly let me go, and that just made me want to hug him and never let go.

I looked up and his eyes were already looking into mine. Blue, his eyes were blue; but not the light blue kind, his ones were darker and they were so much more beautiful. His black hair was messy and a few strands hung on down near his eyes. I couldn't look away, I didn't want to.

I felt tiny droplets of water on my skin and with a second it was pouring rain. I quickly took his hand and pulled him into an apartment building. I looked and him and quickly mumbled, you should for the rain to stop, he stared at me with something in his eyes that I couldnt quite figure out and he nodded. I walked towards the staircase and sat down, I patted the spot next to me and looked at him.

He slowly walked towards me and took a seat beside me. I watched as he ran his hand through his hair, his muscles flexing and straining against his tight shirt. there was a hint of tattoo peaking out of his t shirt, and it took everything in me to keep my hands to myself.

He turned and looked at me, and my cheeks heated up and immediately stopped staring and looked anywhere but him. The floor looked really damn interesting right now. The first interaction I have with this man and he probably thinks I'm some emotionally unstable, and creepy chick.

Right about now all I want to do is just scream into my pillow an wallow in my own miser-

"what's your name?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him; and then in registered, he just spoke to me, he just asked me for my name.

"Athena" I said, but it came out as more of a whisper. It felt like if we spoke too loudly the moment would be ruined.

"And yours?" I asked

"Lucian" he said, his voice deep and his Italian accent peeking through. I know, I thought.

"What happened?" I looked at him not knowing how to reply. I knew he was talking about just know.

"Just some bad dream" I said, it wasn't a lie. It truly was a bad dream; but this was not just that, it was also a memory I wanted to forget.

"Do you get them often?" his hand was in a tight fist resting of him knee.

"Not often, but sometimes. It used to be worst", I gave him a small smile, my fingers fiddling with the hem of my shirt. I looked down at my bare feet and my black painted nails, I wiggled my toes trying to keep them warm. I wrapped my arms around my legs and rubbed my palms on my legs to get some heat.

I felt Lucians arm go around me, then he pulled me closer to his side. I looked up at Lucian and he was already looking down at me, our faces were just inches apart. A bring flash of light illuminated the dark room; and then the roaring sound of thunder vibrated through the room. The light highlighted all his features, his messy hair, his blue eyes that looked like there was a storm behind them, his sharp jawline and his plum lips. He was breath-taking and he didnt even know it.

I brought my hand up and brushed the wet strand of hair that fell onto his forehead. His hair was so soft, I ran my hand through his wet hair all the way to the nape of his neck. I dragged my hand Infront to his jaw and I just looked into his eyes.

This feeling that I was feeling now - he's hand stroking my arm gently, my hand on his jaw as my thumb stroked his cheek, his eyes beautifully devastating eyes staring into mine - I didn't know how to describe it, it felt so strong, yet so fragile that one wrong move would shatter it. This moment was one of those moments that poets could spend hours trying to describe and they wouldnt even be able to come close.

I felt vulnerable. Was it crazy that I was having this intimate and fragile moment with a person whom I've never interacted with? Probably, but I couldn't help it. I dropped my hand from his jaw and leaned my forehead onto his chest. He rested his chin on my head as his hand stroked my hair. I could hear his hear beat, it was beating steadily. It was like a melody, so strong.

I want him. I've wanted him ever since the first time I saw him, and now I don't think I could stay away from him even if I wanted to.