V

~ 𝒜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃𝒶 ~

I couldn't move. All I could do was stare at him like an idiot. I stood there eyes wide just looking at him, and trying to comprehend what he had just asked me. my heart was beating so fast I bet he could hear it. This man, this amazing and mysterious man that I haven't been able to get of my mind for the past two years is standing in front of me and asking me out on a date.

I stare at him. his soft, curly, jet-black hair. His beautiful smile; and his eyes - oh god, his eyes - his blue eyes that shine so bright when the light hits them. The slight crinkle at the corner of his eyes when he smiles; and the light stubble that was growing, from having not shaved.

yes I say still in a daze. His smile grew wider and he took one step closer to me. I could smell his musky perfume, it calmed me, it was so familiar. he placed a finger under my chin and lifted my head up to look at him.

"Are you free tomorrow?" he asked.

"I am"

"I'll pick you up tomorrow evening at 6, what's your address?"

"The same building we sat on the stairs at, I live on the second floor, house number 5" I said, still staring at his eyes. he laughed a bit and I smiled, god he looked beautiful when he laughed.

"We were one floor below your apartment and you just sat on the stairs?"

"You were a stranger I wasn't going to bring you to my house" I said smiling.

"And now? aren't we still strangers?"

"No, we're not"

His eyes flickered down to my lips for just a second, before he brought them back to my eyes. He walked backwards while still looking at me.

"Bye Athena"

raised my hand and gave a small wave,"bye Lucian."

Once he had left and I had heard the bell of the store ring, telling me that he had left the store; I stood there for a few minutes, trying to gather what had just happened. Once the realisation settled in, I almost fainted.

I had a date.

With Lucian.

Tomorrow.

holy shit.

I quickly picked up my bag that was on the floor and rushed out of the store. I walked back to my apartment and sat down on the couch. I was going out with Lucian, I never thought that I would even speak to Lucian, let alone go on a date with him. I guess I am just going to have to see how this goes, and try not to fuck It up.

~

Every time that one scene in a movie comes on, where the girl does not have even a single good outfit to wear on her date while throwing all her clothes out, yeah well, I get it now. I think I could have all the clothes in the world and I still wouldn't have anything good to wear, hell I didn't even know where we were going.

Jesus, I haven't been on a date in ages. The last I did anything romantic was years ago with the only boyfriend I have ever had, and now it's ex-boyfriend. It is funny how a lot of us think that our first relationship is going to be the perfect one and that's it, but in a lot of cases its not. Your first love being the one is like a one in a million chance. First love teaches you a lot about yourself, things you probably never even knew. It'll teach you about the things you love, the things you hate and the things that break your heart. You will learn how far you're willing to go for the person you love, how much you're willing to endure, and most of all it'll show you who are the people that are really going to stay with you till the end, through the good and the bad, even if you don't make the best choices or listen to them.

You will learn that things that you wanted in a relationship are sometimes not really what you want, and they're not what you need.

You will learn that there's a reason they say love is blind, it's because you'll do anything and everything for the person you love, no matter what they do to you and what they say; you will stay, because you're in love. No matter how badly they treat you, even if they use you, abuse you, make you miserable, you will stay; because you probably fell in love with a version of them that you thought or they made you believe existed.

You will get the courage to leave and it'll hurt like hell, it'll hurt too much that you'll start to think that it's better to just be with them; because if it hurts this much to be apart then surely your wrong and you probably don't want them to hate you, because you couldn't, even after all they've done. Then it'll start all over again, the abusing words, the raising hands, the disrespect, the doubt, the control and you'll leave again and it'll probably happen a few times.

In the end you'll realise that you'd rather be peaceful then go back to the person you love and endure all that; you'll realise that maybe you were just afraid to leave because you didn't want to lose a person whom you grew to trust, and you just spent so much time with them that leaving felt like such a waste. you'll realise that they'll be just fine without you. sure, they'll be sad, but they won't die or anything. they will be sad for a while then they'll move on.

You'll realise that for a relationship to work, just love isn't enough. You need trust, respect, loyalty, understanding, patience, and love.

I'm just going to wear what I feel comfortable in, if he doesn't like it then that's his problem. I throw on a pair of black jeans and a red cowl neck stain Cami top, I pair it with black heels and a sling bag. I layer some bracelets and apply some eyeliner, mascara, and lip-gloss. I hear the doorbell ring; I check the time and its 6 on the dot. I grab my phone and walk to my door; I take a deep breath and open the door.

Holy fucking hell, how can someone be this hot. He was dressed so casually, in black jeans and a tight black shirt. His jaw was clenched and his eyes were on me, nowhere else, just on me. I could feel my checks heating up, then he looked at my eyes.

I broke the silence and said, "you look good."

He gazed into my eyes and said without missing a beat, "you look beautiful."

I looked at the floor and avoided his eyes as I felt my cheeks getting hotter. I felt him step closer to me, and I felt his hand take mine. He moved his other hand to his back and brought a single red rose with a small black ribbon on it. I looked up at him and his eyes were still on mine. I took the rose and looked at it, somehow this was the most beautiful rose I had ever seen.

"Thank you" I said.

"You're welcome" I looked up at him and smiled.

"We should go" he said, I turned around and locked the door of my apartment. I turned to him, he took my hand in his again and we both walked downstairs. He opened the door of his car for me, I thanked him and got in the car. I twirled the rose in my hand and stared at it, he got into the drivers seat. I looked at him and smiled.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"it's a surprise" I groaned.

He laughed, "what? you don't like surprises?"

"I like surprises when I don't know that there is one, but now that I do I need to know" I said while doing my best puppy eyes.

"Nope, good try, Im not telling you" he said while laughing.

I huffed and looked at my window while he started to drive. I could hear him laughing softly and I smiled.