Chapter 4

Present day.. Febuary 7th 2002

About a week had gone by since my last encounter with the blond. Like I said me and Sylas hardly ever spoke to one another besides hookups. Last week was fun however intriguing I managed to get out of my shift and call in sick for the day. My boss let me off this time it was an apprehensive decision, to say the least, but it was perfect. 

We spent almost the whole day together laughing catching up on stupid shit we had done and just embracing each other. It left a fuzzy feeling in my chest the same one that I had mentioned earlier. It bounded me every time I lay eyes on her it would course through me with unstoppable energy. 

Do you ever feel emotions to a heightened extent to where you either feel them or nothing at all?

This is a question I ask myself far too often to admit or be accountable for. Sylas was sweet noble and extremely kind. Every time she was over it was refreshing my social battery never dying when I am around her and my heart beating within its encased ribcage at a speedy yet steady pace. 

It's unexplainable but the very energy that I had that was drawn to her is the very energy I try my best to avoid. Attaching myself to people has never been a positive trait of mine that's why I end up shutting them out. 

Or ghosting them in avoiding and guilt I find myself sucking the life out of people through energy. I consume them taking on their identity and withering it into my own one. 

Stealing what made me drawn to them in the first place. I'm worried I'm doing it again and that I'll end up fucking things over again scrutinizing over how I can be perfect for Sylas. God is this what it's like to have a crush or obsession? Crushes are usually one-sided. So why do I feel so stupid right now mabey I'm just overthinking and this truly has no meaning. 

Mabey Im right to think this. 

A tug hit me in the shoulder after being lost in thought for a while now. "Still obsessing over miss perfect from the older years you do know right she will never notice you if you are too busy sitting here staring at her instead of making a move". 

"Oh shut up Olive" I spat back at her causing her to put her hands up in an I surrender position. "Hey hey what is with the attitude this morning some one is grumpy" she glared at me and then arranged the books that she processed on slamming on the canteen table. 

"All Im saying just goes talk to her". 

"Yeah right," I smiled to myself huh if only you knew just how much talking we got up to within my bedroom walls. 

I let out a small chuckle remembering how Sylas started talking in her sleep as she was cocooned into the blanket I had given her and lay directly on top of my chest where she was safe and sound. 

'Nie, mamo,  jeszcze kilka minut, prosze'.

How can someone sound that tired and sleepy but with a strong accent at the same time? She readjusted herself turning over and resting her face into the crevice of my neck one leg was intertwined and hocked onto my right leg with the other on top of it. While she hugged my waist her warmth slowly sent me off to sleep too. 

"Hey what is so funny" Olive gave me a blank stare and it was clear that she would not be getting off my case any time soon. "Nothing you wouldn't get it anyway". 

"Is that a prod at my intellect?" she said in a rather obnoxious tone. "No, it just means you have too much of an ego that fills up that pea-sized brain of yours that you would not understand exactly why I am laughing". 

"Ugh, whatever it is I'll get it out of you soon". She slumped down on one of the empty chairs and sat on the opposite side of the table from me. 

"Yeah, I highly doubt that" I smirked at her from across the table giving her a look I knew aggravated her. It was more of an initiation into a bitchy stare of competition from the looks of it both of us glaring like there was a war to be lost at either ends of the table.