Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Cold

*Four Days Later*

It had been four days since Marcus was beaten to a pulp by the Killer Queen, he was on a ventilator and in a coma, but he showed no signs of waking up. Sacha and Fletch decided to pull the plug, but Bernie said no and fought them off while breaking down in heart-breaking tears.

Danielle comforted her daughter in her arms, however Bernie let them turn the life support off and she said her final goodbyes to Marcus, after he had passed she cried while giving him one last cuddle. When it was time to send him to the morgue, Bernie broke down again this time in her mother's arms, Serena was in tears too and helped her mother-in-law to get Bernie home.

Bernie stayed in her childhood bedroom, she sat in the corner and just cried, her world having been torn apart by a killer who knew no emotions. Over the next couple of days, Danielle and Serena took it in turns to stay with her, Tommy visited to check on Bernie and to see how Danielle was coping.

In the evening, Bernie came downstairs and looked deep into her mother's eyes with a very angry facial expression; "I want revenge! Marcus was my best friend and the killer took him from me. When I find out who the killer is, I will torture them painfully. Try and stop me, and I will turn on you, mother, is that clear?" Bernie said as her mother was stunned by the revelation from her daughter. Danielle cleared her throat; "Very." She responded to her daughter who turned and ran upstairs, this was a side to Bernie that she had never seen before, still no one knew what the killer was capable of.

She went into the kitchen, and went into the back garden for a cigarette, unbeknownst to herself that the killer is watching her. Then she went to bed but not before checking on her daughter and her daughter-in-law, they were fast asleep and she walked over to Bernie's side of the bed, and lent down to kiss her daughter on the lips.

Then she left the bedroom with her back facing the camera, and she closed the door before heading to bed. The following week was Marcus's funeral, Danielle had asked Tommy to come as she didn't trust that David wouldn't miss the opportunity to try and get her back.

George also attended with Jill, John, Shane and Barbara, who joined her husband at the funeral. Just a few minutes into the funeral service, Tommy sees a black car parked under a tree and alerts George; "George, that black car parked under the tree.." Tommy said as George moved the camera to see the car, which he does; "What about it, Tommy?"

"Is that who I think it is?"

"Could be David! What's his deal?"

"He was married to Danielle. It was an abusive marriage on his part, Danielle was terrified of him. He escaped us before but he won't escape us this time, what is he doing here?" Tommy said to George who was running the number. "I'll find out Tommy, just stay with Danielle and Bernie."

"Will do, be careful George, David is dangerous."

"Duley noted Tommy." George replied to the Inspector as they watched the black car. After the funeral service was done, Bernie and her mother said goodbye to everyone before heading home together with Serena, however Tommy gets a text from George. He responds straight away and then tells Danielle that David was at the funeral causing Bernie to resent him.

However, a couple of days later, Daniell awoke from a dream about Marcus being in hell and she decides to go to hell to find out what is happening. Danielle tells Bernie that she (Danielle) believes that Marcus is in hell, Bernie disagrees as Marcus was a good person. Danielle promises to sort it out, and then prepares a ritual, Bernie fills a bowl with water as her mother holds a cat and looks deep into its eyes.

As time begins to sleep down, Danielle appears in hell as she holds a cat's eye within her hand, she looks around hell as Demons smell her humanity and they go after her but when she turns around they immediately bow to her. Confused, she continues on until she comes to a certain part of hell that Marcus is trapped in, they share a cuddle but is interrupted by Satan (Antonio Banders) who wonders how she got past the demons.

They engage in a battle of words, and exchange some unearthly wars with each other, Danielle demands that Marcus be released from Hell as he doesn't belong there. Satan declines this, and states that she is not his boss before he turns round and goes to walk away; "If you don't release Marcus, I will expose all of your demons in human form, and I will gladly send them back here to rot for all eternity. How's that for a deal breaker?" She says as he stops and turns to look at her dead in the eye, however he relents and releases Marcus from Hell.

Danielle returns to her mortal form after smashing the cat's eye, coughing and breathing, Bernie helps her mother to get her breath back. "He's safe, sweetheart. Marcus is in Heaven where he belongs, he's safe." She tells her daughter who smiles and thanks her mother for saving Marcus.

As they share a cuddle, Satan is with his mother and his younger siblings, he struggles with Danielle's threat to expose his demons in human form. His mother reassures him that Danielle will not follow through, but Satan doesn't take the threat lightly, and issues a warning to all of his Demons on Earth about Danielle.

Meanwhile, Bernie joined her mother outside in the back garden, she apologised for the way that she had spoken to her mother. Danielle tells her that it is ok, and she understands but Bernie is adamant that it wasn't and then rests her head on her mother's shoulder, her mother gently kisses her daughter's forehead while slipping her fingers in between her daughter's fingers.

"Sweetheart, we all say things that we don't mean, I know because once a long time ago, I had to watch your dad be killed right in front of me. I was pregnant with you at the time but he never knew, I was going to tell him as I couldn't hold my excitement, we were cornered by the enemy and they threw a bomb into our hideout. Your dad immediately jumped on top of it to save us but he sacrificed his own life, I wasn't happy and I slaughtered the enemy, when the last guy was in my grasp it was George who talked me down and that I didn't want revenge. I just broke down in his arms and told him about you, I then sued the army for damages but nothing came of it, except for the fact that I had slaughtered the enemy." Explained the older blonde as Bernie listened to the story.

Still, she leaned up and kissed her mother's cheek before wrapping her arms around her mother, Danielle did the same and apologized to her daughter about not being able to save Marcus, Bernie tells her that she doesn't blame her. The younger blonde makes her mind up, she decides not to go after the Killer Queen, and states that she would rather be with her mother than in a prison cell.

Then they say goodnight to each other, as Danielle closes up for the night, however the older blonde looks out of her curtain window and sees David standing by his car looking up at her. She closes her curtains, and gets ready for bed, turning the light off before climbing into her bed.