Chapter 1: In Which A Wet Dream Is Ruined (Onyx)

Onyx

His soft caress leaves me breathless as he continues his assault on my sensitive sternum. I find myself immersed in his gaze. Khalan's deep brown eyes have a dangerous glint in them tonight.

As if he challenges me to resist his aggressive touch. As if he challenges me to deny what is his. As if I would ever deny him of anything.

I heave out a heady breath, digging my nails into his russet-colored arms. The tattooed-skin prickles under my jade nails. My smile is seductive and lazy as I feel my wetness dampen the Egyptian threads beneath us. I try to press my legs together to ease the pressure building down below. However, he forces his knee in between my thighs just in time.

"I don't think so..." His baritone voice rasps in my ear shattering my equilibrium.

He seems captivated by the site of my raven skin as the moonlight bathes us through the open silk curtains that partially covers the gigantic picture window. His hands scan and massage my full breasts as he leisurely makes his way down to my dripping pussy.

"Please" My voice sounds weaker than intended.

Silence.

He says nothing as the pad of his thumb encounters my needy clitoris. I manage to release a partial shriek before his veiny hands cover my mouth effectively silencing any noise.

"Isn't this what you wanted? Why don't you be a good girl and be quiet for me? Do you want the neighbors to hear us with the window open? Hm?" His movements become frantic as my orgasm begs to be released. I bite down on the inside of his hand until I see stars. My orgasm begins to take over me.

His dark orbs flash menacingly. My breath catches...

I grimace as a vibrating sound next to me in bed forces my eyes to pop open, disrupting my dream-induced orgasm.

I must've fell asleep as soon as I got in from work.

My body lurches awake when I realize that I'm alone in this big ass house. The moonless night pools through my open window leaving me blind in the dark. A slight chill passes through the room, making me clutch the warm covers tightly against my skin.

No Khalan to lull me back to sleep in his ink outlined arms. I sigh heavily as I realize this is the third dream that has featured Khalan this week. My cheeks heat under my dark skin as I drag my jade-colored nails down my face. I can't help but to miss him. His scent, his laugh, his raspy voice, his unconditional love for me. He is everything.

Onyx fucking Maeve! Get it together. My subconscious sneers at me with narrowed eyes.

He was everything. Too bad he's a filthy cheater. My soon to be ex-husband Khalan has made numerous attempts to get in contact with me over these past couple of months before our divorce proceeds any further.

I don't need reconciliation. I don't need an explanation of what I already know. I need him to sign the fucking papers I sent over weeks ago. His resistance only fuels the fire consuming my heart.

I struggle to find the vibrating device through the thick duvet surrounding me on my white sleigh bed. The bed that he gave me so much pleasure in. The bed that still smells of his expensive cologne.

My mind instantly drifts back to Khalan Kono. The seemingly tyrannical businessman has imprinted his mark on my entire soul. I reminisce on the way we used to laugh about him having a secret identity that only I knew about. His ability to make me feel special will always be unmatched. That man knows me from the top of my head to the tip of my toes.

He fed my mind and soul. My eyes feel glassy, I swallow the sob threatening to escape from my mouth.

A dull pain aches in between my ribs. Its burn is a reminder of my unhealed heart. How will I ever get over him? He was my first everything. The sorrow builds in my chest until I am left breathless, a single tear slides down my cheek. I wipe the tears away bitterly as my agitation grows. All the pleasure I dreamt of vanishing in an instant.

I sigh deeply, trying to remember my therapist's grounding techniques. I didn't believe in her psychology bullshit initially, but I can't help but to notice the improvement in my mental health. Petrova would be proud of the woman I've become. The only relief I get from this awful feeling is from our weekly hour-long sessions. The woman is an absolute godsend.

I alternate my breathing counting to ten slowly as I was taught. The crushing anvil slowly rises from my chest, stabilizing my breathing patterns.

Despite my best efforts, my breath catches in my chest once my hand glides over my phone that is embedded in the tan sheets. I rub in irritation when the blue light from my phone illuminates the room. As I turn my brightness down, I find a single one-word message from Khalan.

KK:

Nawehkowai

The sob in my throat finally breaks free as I read the word he would always whisper in my ear. The one word that brings me to my knees every time. He knows me like a book. He must be desperate to get me to speak to him again. All those sweet nothings mean exactly that.

Nothing.

Ever since I spotted his petite secretary's ass swaying from his office with just-fucked hair I've cut him out of my life. Cold turkey. I packed his bags and left them for him at the door when he returned home that night. He didn't even bother coming in.

My heart aches again as I read the word over. I'm tempted to respond quickly to his message. Banishing that thought immediately, I don't allow myself to dwell on his message for another minute. He had his chance to apologize. Even if I didn't listen or hear him out... He still could have tried. But Khalan Kono decided to do nothing.

I drop my cell phone back into the maze of sheets as I rise from my cocoon of a bed. As I make my way to the shower, I have promise myself one thing.

I will cause Khalan as much heartbreak as he caused me by tarnishing our wedding vows. Acid builds in my throat as the disdain for my husband grows. He can shove his I love you up his condescending ass.