Chapter 9: In Which She Confesses Her Sins (Onyx)

Ruby flexed her hips into mine as our tongues collided with an unforeseen force taking control of our bodies. I had my fingers pressed into her ass, squeezing and kneading the flesh as I consumed her scent in my nostrils. I wanted to destroy and consume every inch of her body in this moment.

She smelled and tasted so fucking sweet. Was a kiss supposed to feel this good? I was no saint by a long shot. In fact, I'd kiss my fair share of men. So why did her touch feel any different than how it usually does with a man?

She dipped her hips lower pressing into the pit of my stomach. Instinctively, my hips widened allowing her better access to my sensitive spots. The movement caused both of our dresses to shift up towards our stomachs. The apex of our thighs were millimeters apart from touching now. Goosebumps tickled the hairs on the nape of my neck.

"Right...t-there," I was on fire from the heat I received from my best friend's body.

My head was spinning from the lack of oxygen that my brain was receiving. I couldn't stop. No, I wouldn't stop.

When I opened my eyes, she was staring down at me with what felt like a burning curiosity in hers. Ruby's breath matched my ragged one as she broke our kiss. I sucked in the fresh air; grateful I could breathe properly again.

"Onyx, you're all I've ever wanted. Won't you even consider the possibility that we'd be good together? Don't this feel good?" her southern drawl deepened as her hips gyrated, her panty-clad pussy brushing up against mine.

My name cascaded from her lips like a silent prayer when we finally made contact. Then, she slid her fingers into my locs tugging my head back against the cushion of the sectional. Her grasp rendered me helpless beneath her as her hips continued their slow circular motions.

"Answer me. Doesn't this feel good, Nyxy?" She stopped moving.

"I, uh..." She lifted my good leg back. Effectively sliding herself in between them. "Geez. Okay, yes Ruby. It feels good."

"Good," was her only response before she released her grip on my hair. She leaned forward kissing my temples as she raised my injured leg and delicately sat it on her right shoulder.

As I peered up at her, I noticed instead of the hard rigid jawline of a man, hers was smooth as silk. My eyes drifted up. The focal point of her face was the high-set cheekbones and a small beauty mark that sat just above the right side of her lip. Now, those same cheekbones were tinted a beautiful shade of fuchsia because of me. Why did the touch of a woman feel so powerful?

The touch of a woman.

My body's automatic response was to cringe away from her. This was all wrong. I shouldn't be doing this with a woman. Let alone my best friend of ten years. We had practically become sisters. What had gotten into me? Into us?

"Stop." I came to my senses, leaning back and anchoring my arms around my leg before slowly lowering it from being propped on her shoulder.

I pushed her off me, twisting myself upright, and scrambling to rock myself forward to stand. I nearly lost my balance but caught onto the arm of the sofa to stabilize my lower half. I ignored the twinged of pain when I put my full weight on my right ankle. Ruby looked on with narrowed eyes as she went to stand away from me near the front door.

I was grateful for the space between us. I feared what would become of our friendship if we had continued. People always disappoint me, and I don't need to add anyone else to the list of failed relationships. Especially someone who I cared so deeply for. I deemed it wasn't worth the risk.

On top of that, I hadn't even received any type of response from the other party about my impending divorce. For all I knew Khalan could have thrown the papers out or currently had his lawyer scrutinizing the documents line by line. Anything to remain having control over me.