Chapter 12

“Wake up.”

Niall groaned, tossing and turning until he was facing away from Louis’ voice. He let out a sigh of relief once the Doncaster boy kept quiet, and smiled to himself as he cuddled into his pillow, ready to go get back to sleep when-

Niall!” Louis sing-songed, jumping onto the queen sized bed, hopping over Niall’s pajama clad body a few times to get the mattress moving, “Wake up!”

“I’m up,” Niall groaned, and when Louis continued calling and singing, he sat up, pushing him off the bed and said, “I’m up!”

“Oh, God,” Louis groaned, holding onto his knee, which he had fallen on when Niall had pushed him off, “What is wrong with you, young man?”

“I just want some sleep,” Niall groaned, shrugging, “What do yeh want, Lou?”

“We’re out of milk,” he explained, and Niall groaned again, flopping down onto the bed once more to sleep. Louis leaned on the bed with his elbows, and said, “Come on, Irish. Don’t do this to me.”

“It’s your turn, though,” Niall groaned into the pillow.

Since the latter had moved into the house, they would take turns walking to the small market that was not too far away. The house they lived in was far off in the fields, where no one could see them, and not one person in Canada besides themselves knew of their existance in the country at all.

“But Eleanor’s here,” Louis whispered, “I wanted to make her a surprise breakfast.”

“Why can’t Harry do it? He’s next.”

“I’m frightened of going into his and Laura’s room unanounced.”

“For God’s sake, Louis,” Niall said, sitting up an yawning, “They aren’t that far in the relationshi-”

“Please?” Louis said, jutting out his bottom lip and pouting.

Unfazed, Niall continued, “And Zayn?”

“Asleep. He waited all night for Perrie to arrive.”

“Liam?”

“He’ll scold me for not going myself.”

Niall squinted at his cerulean eyed friend, disappointed that he had a quick answer to ever suggestion and question he had at all.

“Fine,” Niall said, throwing the covers off his body, as Louis jumped back up in glee, to wince from his knee, “I’d stay off that, if I were you.”

“It’s your fault I’m hurting,” Louis whined, limping out of the room.

Niall rolled his eyes as he stood up, grabbing a handful of clothes and sauntering to the bathroom, where he brushed his teeth and pulled on the black skinny jeans, white t-shirt, and navy hoodie. He grabbed a spare beanie and a pair of sunglasses, neglecting to wear any layers.

It was only a little trip, anyways.

He pulled on a pair of snow boots, and laughed at himself, knowing it was the only thing that showed he was ready for the weather outside.

“Cassie’s going to kill you!” Louis sing songed as Niall left the house with a wad of cash in his wallet, next to his black iPhone.

Cassie was one to fear the weather at times, and always wore layers and had the lads wear them as well. Niall knew very well that if he was back after she’d woken up, he was going to be scolded.

Scolded, he thought, that’s all that happens to me in this house.

“I know!” he yelled, slamming the door after him, stepping out into the cold weather.