Chapter 2

A/N: VMAs :D The boys did great :D

“Cassie, wake up, sweetheart,” Cassie heard her mother say, shaking her shoulders. Cassie shifted around in bed so that she was face down on her pillow.

“No, I don’t want to,” she groaned in response, her voice muffled by the pillow. She pulled the duvet over her head in hopes of her mother deciding against what was supposed to happen that day. Mae simply grabbed the end of the duvet and pulled it off her daughter’s head, sighing.

“You’ve got to, dear,” she said, putting a hand on Cassie’s shoulder. Cassie sighed, positioning her head so that only half her face was on the pillow. Her eyes fluttered open to meet her mother’s brown ones.

“Most of the population of teenage girls is going to hate me, you know,” Cassie muttered into her pillow. Mae arched her eyebrows and pulled her hand away from her daughter’s shoulder as she sat up in bed, running a hand through her light brown hair.

“And why is that?” Mae asked.

“Because,” Cassie said. “I’m marrying Liam Payne.”

“So? We’ve known Liam a while now.”

Cassie stared at her mother, her eyes wide. “You don’t know who he is, do you?”

“Yes, he’s the son of one of my old classmates,” Mae replied, getting a bit frustrated. Cassie bolted out of bed and grabbed her iPhone off of her dresser, sitting next to her mother as she scrolled through her songs on her music app.

“Ah!” she said, and clicked on a song. “Listen to this. Does it sound familiar?”

You’re insecure, don’t know what for. You’re turning heads when you walk through the do-o-or, don’t need make up to cover up. Being the way that you are is eno-o-ough,” played through the phone, and Cassie pressed the pause button. Mae looked up at her, her eyebrows arched in thought.

“That’s that teenage boyband, isn’t it? One Republic, is it called?” Mae asked.

“No, Mum,” Cassie said, sighing. She ran a hand through her hair, which was a mess. “One Direction. And that was Liam singing the beginning. There are so many girls that want to marry him, and of all them it’s me. Everywhere I go, they’re going to hate me.”

“Sweetheart, it’s okay,” Mae said, pulling her in for a hug. “It’ll be okay.”

“Alright,” Cassie said, pulling away. She sighed, staring around the bedroom that was packed up, leaving the walls bare from any posters and the dressers, drawers, and closet all empty of clothing. “I’m going to miss this place.”

“This place is going to miss you too,” Mae said, smiling. Her face was suddenly stern. “Now hurry up and get ready, Liam’s on his way.” She patted Cassie’s knee and left the room to meet her father and brother downstairs. Cassie grabbed the small pile of folded clothing she would be wearing that day and wandered off to the bathroom, where she took a shower and dried herself with a soft, white towel. She pulled on her undergarments and stared at the outfit she’d picked out for the day: a pink, plaid button-up shirt that would be rolled up to her elbows, a pair of washed out skinny jeans and a black belt, along with a pair of white Converse high tops. She pulled on each piece of clothing slowly; wanting to cherish the time she had in her house as much as possible.

The hair drier was where it had always been, the cabinet under the sink. Cassie pulled it out and dried her light brown hair so that it rested comfortably on her shoulders. As she pulled on her shoes, she could hear her mother and father talking downstairs.