Chapter 6

A/N: Keep in mind, in this fanfiction, England is at war. With random attacks and everything, I suppose. Of coarse, this isn't happening in real life. (And I hope it never will). Enjoy!

“Just… Stop moving, would you? I’ll mess up your make up!” Laura exclaimed, as Cassie turned her head around for the hundredth time to check the text Liam had texted her. It had been a few nights since he had had that nightmare of his, and he was constantly making sure that she was safe every second they were apart.

“I’m sorry!” Cassie replied, as Oliver snatched the phone from her hands. “Hey, you’re not supposed to be in here!”

“Only the groom isn’t allowed to see you,” Oliver replied, his eyebrows arched as he looked through Cassie’s texts. His eyebrows raised as he read one out loud, “’Cassie? Are you there? I will burst through that locked door right now if you don’t answer me in a minute.’ Gosh, he’s quite worried, isn’t he? You’re just getting married.”

“Olly,” Cassie said, holding her hand out with her palm facing upwards. Oliver sighed and placed the white iPhone in her hand, as Cassie quickly typed a response back to Liam.

“Alright, you’re done. Now go wear that dress before he texts you again,” Laura joked. Cassie playfully slapped her shoulder. “Oi! You hit harder than you think…”

“Sorry, not sorry,” Cassie replied, as she trotted off to the back room, sliding the door closed and facing the wedding dress with wide eyes.  It was strapless, white of course, and lacey on the ends. She looked back over her shoulder to see the door closed, and quickly slipped out of her sweats and pulled on the dress. She couldn’t reach the zipper. “Laura?”

As she called her best friend’s name, she opened the door to find the room empty of all humans. Even Oliver was gone, which was surprising to her, so she called his name too.

“Cassie?” another male voice answered. She whirled around, one arm clasping the dress to her chest and the other to hold the two ends of the dress together so it wouldn’t fall. She faced Liam, who was dressed in his tux. They both stood there a moment, studying each other. “I… Uh… You didn’t answer my text…”

“Right,” Cassie said, biting her lip, and then stopping because she knew that Laura would scold her for ruining the lipstick. “Mind zipping up my dress for me, Liam?”

“Oh, sure,” he said, as she turned around. He walked over to her and grabbed the end of the zipper, slowly pulling it up. It ended just above the ends of her bra. They both looked up at the large mirror placed in front of them, and Liam placed his large hands over her bare shoulders, giving them a short squeeze.

She turned around, facing him. He stared down into her eyes, and he noticed he was so close he could count the barely visible freckles that dotted her cheeks. Not knowing what he was doing exactly, Liam put his hand on the small of her back and pulled her closer, pressing his lips to hers.

Cassie’s eyes widened as he kissed her, but then she closed them, feeling his lips mold with hers. He quickly pulled away and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

Walking away, he muttered, “Groom’s not supposed to see the bride before the wedding.”

Leaving Cassie under a spell.

~

Louis walked through the halls of the church, asking everyone in sight, “Have you seen Liam?”

Most of the people he asked would shake their heads and walk away, obviously annoyed. Louis rolled his eyes at the people and continued walking until he found a door that was left slightly ajar. He slowly pushed it open, his jaw nearly dropping to the floor at what he saw.