Chapter 16

“You can’t keep me here forever, you know,” Caleb smirked, struggling against the shoelaces that were tied around his ankles and wrists.

“Oh, I know,” Liam said, “Sooner or later, someone’s going to be coming for you, am I right?”

Arching his eyebrows, Caleb said, “Yeah. How’d you know that?”

“I just do,” Liam shrugged, as he backed towards the doorway of Harry and Laura’s room, which had been emptied of all clothing and belongings, packed away in suit cases. “And that’s why, we’re leaving.”

“It’s not like I won’t find you again,” Caleb snorted.

Liam hummed as he walked towards the window, pulling the curtains closed. He turned off the lights, lastly making his way back towards the door and beginning to pull it closed.

“Oh, and Caleb?” Liam said.

“What.”

Liam walked over to him, winded his arm back, and gave him the same punch in the face that he’d received before. As Caleb moaned and struggled against his restraints, Liam smiled and left the room.

Though his cheek still throbbed from the morning, he refused to ice it, even through Cassie’s protests. 

As Liam made his way down the long hallway, everyone was running from room to room, hurrying to pack things up. A bus ride had been arranged to take them from Montreal to New York that day, so they were trying to hurry and get things ready before it stopped by the large home they all shared.

Eleanor and Perrie had been sent to the airport, accompanied by Louis and Zayn, not too long before, and Cassie and Laura were hurrying to pack up the food in the kitchen for the bus ride. Niall and Rose were packing things up as well, and Harry was setting up their arrangements in New York over the phone.

“Alright!” Harry exclaimed, as Liam came down the stairs, “Everyone, stop what you’re doing! I have an announcement!”

As if on cue, Louis and Zayn stepped through the front door, hanging up their coats and kicking off their snow boots. Cassie and Laura burst through the kitchen, and Niall and Rose sped down the stairs, nearly bumping into Liam. 

“Alright, so,” Harry began, rubbing his hands together, “Due to safety reasons, we’re not all staying in the same place in New York.”

Confused expressions were exchanged, along with eyebrow raises and in Louis’ case, a dirty look towards the curly haired lad.

“But,” he continued, “You’re not alone. I’ve set up the flat arrangements, and it’s one bloke with one girl, got it?”

“Well,” Rose said, “What’re the arrangements, Harry?”

“For starters, we’re all in different buildings. You’re with Niall in one flat. Liam and Cassie are in another, then there’s Laura and me, and Louis and Zayn are sharing a flat.”

“So who’s the girl?” Zayn joked, “Louis, am I right?”

Louis rolled his eyes, smacking Zayn upside the head to shut him up. Rose bit back a smile, not wanting to piss anyone off any further.

“Now, let’s get to it! Finish packing!” Cassie exclaimed, “Liam, we need some help in the kitchen.”

They all scrambled to get ready, Liam joining the two girls in the kitchen to pack up the food. Louis and Zayn went to pack the medicine in case anyone got sick, and Harry went to finish getting the arrangements done. 

♧♣♧

While Niall went downstairs for a snack, Rose sped upstairs to finish whatever they were doing. Back in their room, there was a dresser with some clothing and knick knacks strewn across the top. Niall’s phone was also there, plugged into the charger, which was plugged into the wall far behind the dresser.