9-Extra

just a cute extra about a youth police program

A young girl happily walked out of the elevator as it dinged the bullpens floor. 

She walked out with a clipboard in one hand and a ballpoint pen in the other. she had a backpack stuffed to the brim with binders and books. She looked to be about sixteen to seventeen years old.

She confidently walked past the working detectives. she knocked on Captain Holts's door three times. After permission was granted she opened the door and swiftly closed it behind her as she entered.

Once the door was closed the detectives started their game. 

"so? who is she?" Amy asked, leaning forward in her chair "she's a total Amy" Rosa said plainly "what? how?" Amy wined. they always picked on her for her organizational strategies "She had like three binders, too many instruction manuals, a clipboard, and one of those fancy pens you buy" Jake laughed "so? she is organized" Amy shrugged "no, she is a mini Amy" Rosa corrected "it's true" Charles smiled.

They all went silent when the girl emerged from the captain's office.

"My name is Caroline, I will be talking to each of you for an NYPD youth program!" she smiled "so, what is this?" Jake asked "I need to talk to each of you to understand the average detective's mindset" she smiled "One of you is my idol" she cheered. Jake mediately thought it was him, of course.

Caroline started her meetings with Jake. the meetings took place in the break room.

They were sitting in the empty break room silently while Caroline prepared her questions. 

"So, you wanna be a cop?" he asked "yes, I 'wanna' be a cop," she said sarcastically "so are you just gonna ask me questions about the bad guys I put away?" he smirked "I'm going to ask you about your strategies, how a someone young such as myself can stay out of trouble and how to become an important asset to the NYPD" she smiled "okay," he said, leaning back in his seat. she set a sheet of paper down and clicked her pen. "what's your name?" she asked "Jake Peralta, and you are my biggest fan" he smiled pointing at her "oh..." she said with surprise "sorry, you aren't who I was referring to" she smiled "if you were paying attention you would see my subtle gesture to..."

"Detective Santiago"