12-idk

s5 ep14- jake had to deal with that one dentist dude, he lied and holt got angry

"I told you not to lie! What were you thinking?!?" Holt exclaimed, "I thought it would work, and I wanted to be the one that got him!" Jake sighed "is this about your ego?" Holt murmured, "are you that desperate for everyone to know how great you are?" he asked, disappointed "it's not about everyone!" Jake exclaimed "okay! it's just..." he trailed off, his voice breaking slightly on the word 'okay' "I wanted you to know," he said firmly. he was hurt that the captain didn't think he was capable of solving his own case. then it struck him.

"oh my god," he mumbled. he turned around and shuffled through the papers on the table beside him. he jumped up and down slightly "I got it!" he whispered excitedly.

bursting through the door the two people sitting at the table looked up. "he's not answering any questions" the snobby attorney stated "it's okay, I have no questions. that's right, I'm about to monologue son" Jake said confidently "make it quick, you only got eight minutes" the dentist said, smirking. "alright, let me paint you a picture, I'm Philip, a successful periodontist who's become addicted to diazepam, a sedative I take because I'm junkie scum. Also, for real, addiction is a disease I would be super empathetic if you hadn't murdered a man." Jake smiled "what is the point of this?" the attorney asked "ill get there, so, one day I'm working late when my boss Robert surprises me, he found out I'm stealing meds, again, junkie scum, also again not your fault there's a major genetic component to addiction, he says he's gonna file a police report, I could lose my license, we fight, something in me just snaps. I grab the first thing I can find, and I hit him with it!" Jake rambles "you still have no murder weapon" the attorney says "I do now!" Jake exclaims, he slams down a picture "here's a pic I found on yelp of the surgical sweep six months ago, and here is a pic our crime scene photographer took of the shelf two weeks after the murder, notice any differences?" Jake asks "we're not answering that" the attorney says with a rude tone "that's alright, I can just tell you myself. yelp shot has six of these heavy-looking glass awards from the Brooklyn periodontist society in the background, where as this shot only has five, what happened to number six? murdered Robert with it!" Jake yelled "I didn't," the dentist said calmly "you lost all control and beat Robert with it. there must have been blood everywhere, but you got lucky! the surgical sweep was sterilized. you never would have gotten away with it in your carpeted office!" he explained "that's not what happened" the dentist said, still calm "and your office manager would have heard all of the screaming but she was at her grandson's play! lucky again!" Jake yelled "you're wrong," the dentist said, more agitated this time "you put Robert's body in a wheelchair and shoved it in the elevator, it's a miracle there wasn't blood everywhere!" Jake continued "that's not true," the dentist said, getting more annoyed "now you're in the garage with a corpse, you panicked and left your phone in your office, and you don't have your car keys but Roberts are in his pocket so you put him in his car and you take off!" Jake said, getting into it "no" the dentist shrugged "you can't believe what you've done!" Jake yelled "no" the dentist shrugged again "Philip!" the attorney warned "you don't have your phone so no GPS so you just keep driving" Jake pointed aggressively at the wall "no" the dentist shrugged "Philip!" the attorney said again "next thing you know you're in the pine barrens! then it hits you, your uncle's cabin! he has a place there! you're the luckiest son of a bitch!" Jake yelled, "it wasn't luck!" Philip yelled back "yes it was! you got lucky at every turn!" Jake exclaimed, Philip stood up aggressively "no! I knew exactly where I was driving! I left my phone in the office on purpose! I was in the surgical sweep by design! and I didn't use some glass award any idiot would clearly see was missing! I made a rod out of a special dental polymer! killed him with it then melted it back down! It's already in a patient's mouth! son!"  Philip yelled. then he awkwardly sat back down accepting defeat. Jake smiled, "oh damn, oh damn, oh damn!" captain holt exclaimed "and that is three 'oh damn's" Jake said, out of breath "oh damn!" he yelled leaving the room.

Holt was so proud of Jake, and Jake knew it. 

Jake was sooo happy!