Part 22

You were surprised by the question, not expecting it yet... well, not expecting it at all. Tony's gaze scanned over your face, trying to figure out what you were thinking.

"Tony..."You breathed out and sat up in bed.

"I get it if you don't want to..." Tony trailed off and your eyes widened. "I mean, you don't have to be with me."

"Tony, no. It's nothing like that."You said."I want to."

"Really?"A grin spread on his face."You do?"

"Of course I do!" You said. "I was just surprised, that's all."

His grin, if it was possible, widened and he pulled you in his arms before he laid down with you on top of him as he kissed your forehead. "You don't mind I'm 20 years older than you?"

"In case you didn't notice, we will have a baby together."You chuckled."So no, it doesn't really bother me."

He smiled and focused on your face before he pulled you into a kiss. His lips moved against yours as he held the back of your neck. You were quick to kiss back.

You spent the whole day cuddled up into his side as he held you close.

The next day, you walked down to the kitchen where Natasha, Tony and Clint were. Tony's eyes followed your figure as you walked, a smirk obvious on his face as he remembered what happened yesterday.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Natasha's gaze snapped you out of your thoughts and you turned to look at her.

"I am."Your eyebrows furrowed as you looked at her."Why?"

"You're walking kind of weird."She noticed.

"Oh."You blinked."My back started to hurt."You quickly came up with an excuse and Natasha frowned.

"Oh, can I help somehow?" She asked.

"Thank you, Nat."

"You can take a warm bath, or Tony can massage it for you. And you should sleep on your side."Clint said and all of you looked at him. His lips parted when he realized what he said.

"How do you know about all of this?"Tony asked.

Clint shrugged."I read it somewhere."He waved it off.

"What are you guys doing?" You asked as you tried to sit in one of the chairs. Tony was quick to help you and you breathed out, relaxing into the chair.

"Discussing the mission, sweetheart."Tony replied."Do you want to eat?"

"Well, I'm not exactly hungry, but your daughter is craving strawberries again."You said as Tony nodded and immediately got up.

"So, how is little Natasha doing?"Natasha leaned over to you.

"She will not be called Natasha."Tony said, making Natasha roll her eyes.

"Listen, your daughter and I made a deal. It's too late, she agreed to be named Natasha."Natasha said and bent over towards your belly."Isn't that right, honey? Yeah, tell your dad that."She tickled your stomach, resulting in you letting out a giggle.

Tony soon placed a plate of strawberries in front of you and bent over to place a kiss on your lips, to which you quickly kissed him back.

"Wow, when did that happen?" Clint's eyes widened and you two froze in place as you realized what you just did.

"Shit."You mumbled out and Tony quickly parted from you.

"Yesterday, if you have to know."

Clint smiled and nodded before he pat Tony's back. "Congratulations then. I'm happy for you."

"Thank you, Barton. Can we focus back on the mission now?" Tony asked, noticing how you looked uncomfortable and he wanted to take their attention off what just happened.

As they discussed about their mission, you kept eating your strawberries. Tony looked at you out of the corner of his eye and saw the plate balanced on your belly as you ate strawberries. He smiled and placed his arm around your chair, his fingers resting on your shoulder. He began to draw small circles on your bare shoulder. You didn't think about it, the delicious fruit in the plate being your top priority.

Tony's head quickly turned in your direction when you let out a small gasp. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

"No, no." You quickly said, trying to process what just happened, and then you felt it inside you again. A grin spread on your face as you looked at Tony. "I think she just moved."

"What?" Tony asked. You quickly took his hand and pressed it on that spot. His eyes widened when he felt it and he looked up at you with tears in his eyes. "That's our baby."

You nodded, keeping your hand over his.

His hand carressed your belly for a few moments as you both processed this.

"I wanna feel it too!" Natasha said and you chuckled before parting from Tony. She placed her hand on your belly and patiently waited for the baby to move.

You had a bad feeling since they went to the mission. Everybody had left and the tower was almost empty. It was the middle of the night when you got up to use the toilet when you felt chills run down your spine. You looked around the room, and found the window was open. You shook your head before you got up and closed it.

You were on your way to the toilet, rubbing your belly as you felt the baby move inside you. A smile appeared on your face and you were about to open the door when suddenly a hand pulled you back. You jumped in place, terrified. You would've screamed if a hand wasn't placed over your mouth. You tried to fight the man, who held you, off, but he was much stronger.

"We didn't finish the job last time."Was the only thing you heard before you felt pain in your side. You looked down, only to see he stabbed you with a knife.

He quickly pulled it out before stabbing you again. Then he pulled the knife out and left you to fall on the floor, disappearing from your room through the door.

"No, no."You whispered to yourself as you held your side, trying to stop the blood that was pouring out of the wound."This can't be happening." You added, reaching for your phone on the table. You finally found it in the dark and dialed Tony's number. Your eyesight was getting blurry and the pain was only getting more intense with every passing second.

You forced yourself to stay awake during those few seconds. When Tony didn't answer the call, your eyes slowly closed and you fell on the floor, a hand still placed over the stab wound.