PART FIVE: The Assimilation (Ch. 26-30)

Meanwhile,

STUDENTS' SECTION, CDI MEDICAL BUILDING

Nougat, whose head is wrapped with bandages and sprained arm in a cast, sat beside an unconscious Zombie who was on oxygen support. The room where they were both held was quiet, comfortably eerie. It was enough to send emotions running wild with our disturbance.

Tears fell from Nougat's pretty blue eyes, and so he sniffs them away stubbornly. "You bastard... you came in and... but I didn't ask you to..."

He holds onto Zombie's cold hands, crying out, "Michael, please... I don't want you to die. Even if... Carvalle will be rid of Satan because of that... I don't... I don't want you to die..."

He's aware that he sounds so pathetic right now, but he can't help it. His cold heart was weighed with guilt and he hates it. He hates himself.

"Michael you little bitch, don't you dare die!" Nougat sobs, now lowering his head to rest beside Zombie's arm. "You can't die until I tell you to...! P-please... I'm sorry..."

He lays his head on the hospital bed for a couple of minutes, tears streaming down and actually staining the bed. If anyone sees me like this, I'll kill them and myself.

He shifts his head to the side so he can face Zombie, his beautiful complexion stained with depression and guilt. He was red, with snot running down to join the tears. He was disgusted with himself, but he can't stop. It feels so terrible.

"I'm sorry..." He sniffs, then sobs some more. "Why does nothing ever go my way? When I fell in love with you a year ago, you rejected me because you don't want to do the same things they fucking did. Now that I fell in love with another person, he rejects me too and almost got you killed... w... why... why am I so fucking cursed?"

Nougat could barely breathe beside Zombie's bed. "I just... I just want to... I just want to be loved..."

And I couldn't see that you loved me all along...

His whimper was all that was heard around the room. Zombie did not wake up to comfort him, or put him into his senses. He couldn't; unlike before.

Days later, Friday morning,

TEACHER'S DORM, KANG BUILDING

"But I love Miles."

"I love Miles."

"... love..."

A shirtless Miles Taylor sat in his desk wondering what the hell he was going to write in his report. 'Zeus developed romantic feelings for consultant'-what, no... He runs his hand through his damp hair, droplets of fresh cold water beading all over in his body.

A flawed, very abused body.

Miles shifts, hissing in pain when his bruises and stiff back came to act up and remind him, Zeus did too much. There were marks all over his body, tiny hickies on his neck but large dark ones in his inner thighs.

Miles admit, that the old him would've been disgusted, but this time it just turns him on. He blushes, dropping the pen. Enough with sentiments, I have yet to meet with Heidi...

There on Satan's file he wrote, Extreme violent outbursts, driven by strong emotions. Extremely temperamental. Borderli

He couldn't finish writing because the clocked indicated he was gonna be late. I'll finish this tonight.

Miles dressed up to head to his class, not writing his diagnosis for Jun Taewon just yet. Seriously, fuck my feelings.

At the end of class,