Chapter 12

Arizona POV

Few hours had passed. You're just sitting in the attending lounge starring at the blank wall. Bailey checked on you an hour ago and said that Hunt and April are on their way back together with Maggie and Althea. Surgery went well and the doctors from Portland successfully stopped the bleeding in Althea's brain.

"Here, eat this.", you looked up and saw Alex handling you a lasagna and a bottled water.

"I'm not hungry. Thank you.", you replied looking back at the wall.

"I haven't seen you eat or drink anything today. Eat this.", Alex continued.

You didn't reply. You just continue to stare at the wall.

"Please, be okay. Please, be okay.", you keep repeating in your head.

"They're here!", you snap out of your thoughts as Miranda knocked in the door and announced that Althea arrived.

You immediately run towards the ICU and saw Althea lying in the hospital bed with tubes in her mouth and machines connected to her body. You approached the bed slowly. You began to cry.

"She's stable for now. No signs of any bleeding. I'll check on her again in couple of hours.", Amelia said after she checked up Althea.

"Thank you.", you replied to Amelia.

You moved closer to the bed after Amelia leaves the room. You stared at Althea crying and praying for her to wake up.

***********************************************************************************

Arizona POV

You woke up from the sound of the monitors beeping rapidly. You immediately get up and checks on Althea. You placed your thumb in her wrist. Nothing. Then you move your index and middle finger under her jaw. Still nothing.

"CODE BLUE!", you yelled and the nurses rushed towards the room.

"She got no pulse! Get a crash cart, now!", you added looking towards one of the nurses in the room.

You saw Hunt running towards the room then grabs the crash cart from one of the nurses. April is following behind him.

"Starting CPR!", you added as you start compression in Althea's chest.

"Push 2 of EPI!", April Kepner yelled while looking at the monitor.

"April, take over compressions.", Hunt said. You can feel April is trying to take over your place but you insisted.

"Charge to 150.", Hunt yelled then placed the paddle over Althea's chest.

"CLEAR!", Hunt yelled. You take your hands off Althea's chest. Still no pulse. You immediately start compressions again.

"Arizona, we got this.", April said trying to move you aside but you insisted again. You continue pumping her chest.

"Charge to 200. CLEAR!", Hunt yelled again as he placed the paddles over Althea's chest. Still no pulse.

"CHARGE AGAIN! Come Althea!", Hunt yelled.

"CLEAR!", he added as he placed the paddles again over Althea's chest.

"We got a pulse! Page cardio and book an OR, NOW!", Hunt yelled.

You stopped compressions and Jo escorted you out of the room which you follow. You fell in your knees crying. You suddenly feel weak. You can feel Jo and Bailey hugging you. You watched them as they move Althea's bed towards the OR.