Chapter 7

Althea POV

You came out of the OR feeling totally exhausted, mentally and emotionally so you sat down on the bench putting your face down in your hands while waiting for Dr. Kepner to come out of the OR. She told you to wait outside as you will both have to deliver the bad news to your patient's family. Your heart suddenly felt too heavy and you started crying.

"Hey. You okay?", you stopped and look up to see a woman in firefighter uniform coming towards you.

"Hi.", you replied as you wiped your tears in your cheeks. "Yeah. Just- just a bad day. But I'll be fine.", you added. You smiled to the woman.

"It's okay. Some days are just like that.", said by the woman. She sat at the bench next to you then she start caressing your back. Giving you comfort.

"Thank you.", you replied as you look directly into the woman's eyes.

Arizona POV

You are walking towards OR #3 for your next surgery. When you saw Maya Bishop sitting in one of the benches outside OR #1 comforting a person. You're about to walk away when you see that it's Althea. Maya is caressing Althea on the back while she's crying.

"It should have been me.", you said to yourself.

"Hey. You coming?", you look at the voice behind you and saw Alex Karev waiting for you to enter the OR.

You took one more glance at the bench before you enter OR #3.

Althea POV

You're about to leave the hospital when you saw Maya standing at the exit.

"Hey. You're still here.", you said as you walk towards her. You didn't notice your own smile when you saw her.

"Hi. Yeah. I'm actually waiting for you.", Maya replied.

"Me? Why?", you asked curiously.

"Well. I was having a bad day too. And during my bad days, I have this place where I always go. To think or scream or cry or whatever. So, I was hoping if you wanna come with me?", said by Maya while looking directly in your eyes waiting for an answer.

"Let's go. Take me there.", you said excitedly which causes you both to laugh.

Arizona POV

Your surgery finished successfully. You asked Karev and Jo to take care of the patient's family and you go straight to the attending lounge and changed. You hurried down the hospital lobby and saw April.

"Hey. April. Have you seen Ellison?", you asked.

"Ahm yeah. I saw her earlier. She left with Maya Bishop. From Station 19. I think they already left but I'm not sure where. Why?", April replied with the confusion on her face.

"Nothing. Thank you.", you replied. You can feel the jealousy running down your body. Your heart is aching. Your palms are sweating. You walk towards the exit of the hospital and enter Joe's bar.

Althea POV

You crashed in your bed looking up your ceiling thinking about your night with Maya. It's great. Wonderful. Fun. She brought you to this secret place up in the hill where you can see almost the entire city. City lights are glowing. Planes are passing. Away from the noise of the city. Maya didn't ask you anything. She just sat beside you on the grass looking up in the sky.

"This is working. Thank you.", you said as you looked at her and smile. She smiles back but didn't say a word.