Chapter 14

Arizona POV

Around morning, you went home to take a shower, changed, and get some sleep. You came back in the hospital right after and went straight to check on Althea. She wasn't awake still.

"Why she wasn't awake yet? It's been 3 days, Amelia. Should we be concern? Have you performed MRI? Did you find something?", you said as you approached the woman standing in front of a computer in the hallway.

"The damage in her temporal lobe is quite severe. We should give it some time to heal then we'll see.", she replied then look in your eyes.

"But- where are we? What are we looking at? I mean- what are you saying?", you asked again feeling frustrated.

Amelia paused for a second before responding. She took a deep breath then answers, "I honestly don't know, Arizona. Her head took most of the impact from the crash. I can give her tocilizumab to help reduce the inflammation but- that's all I can do. I'm sorry.", she replied and gave you a pat in the arm before walking away.

You made yourself busy whole day to get your mind away from overthinking but you constantly check on Althea from time to time. Her brothers and sister-in-law take turns to watch her. You offered to watch her at night so they can go home and sleep peacefully which they agreed.

"I can't sleep anyways.", you thought to yourself.

You washed up and changed in your casual clothes then went to Althea's room and lie down in the bed next to her's. You spent the night looking at her hoping she will open her eyes at the exact moment. Whispering "Please. Wake up already." and "I miss you so much.", repeatedly.

After couple of minutes, you saw her eyes moves as if she wants to open them but she can't.

"Althea?", you immediately go over her bed.

"Althea? Can you hear me?", you continued. You can feel all the butterflies in your stomach as she opens her eyes slowly and looked at you.

"Oh may ghad.", you said excitedly.

"Page Shepherd!", you said to the Edwards who ran towards the room when she notice Althea is waking up.

Althea opened her mouth slowly trying to say something but nothing.

"Hey babyyyy. It's okayyy. I'm hereee.", you said. You can feel your happy tears falling down your eyes.

Althea lifts her right hand slowly and wiped your tears from your cheeks.

"Hmmmm. Ohmyghad.", you cried while smiling widely. Then you moved away to give room for Amelia and let her check on Althea.

"Follow the light for me.", Amelia commanded Althea which she did.

"Looks good!", Amelia said while smiling widely.

"Welcome back, Dr. Awesome.", she added then she placed a soft kiss on Althea's forehead.

Amelia walks towards the other side of the bed to give room for you. You walk towards Althea's side then you kiss her quickly on the lips. After few minutes, the other attendings and the residents joined to check on Althea. All of you are happy to see Althea woke up.

After an hour of talking and laughing, all the attendings moved out to let Althea rest for the night. It's just you and her in the room.

"Hey come here.", Althea said as she pats down at the empty side of her bed.

You lie down carefully beside her and kiss her on the cheeks.

"You scared me to death.", you said while looking in her eyes.

"I'm sorry.", she replied before she reached out and cup your face smiling at you.

You both fell asleep in each other's arm.