"Finally, it opened!"

I found the image on Google

Christopher lied down on his bed, trying to get to sleep. But he couldn't help thinking about the corn. He hadn't opened the cans yet, and he might not be able to go back to Walmart after not paying for the cans. 

He turned to look at his clock on his bedside table. It read: 3:49. Chris sighed and got up. He'd decided to go back to Walmart. If anyone asked about the corn, someone else, perhaps his sister, took them. 

He went back outside and walked to Walmart.

He entered the store and immediately went to look for the can opener.  He walked through some of the aisles and had finally found the right one when suddenly, someone tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hmm?" 

He turned around to see Cakey, a good friend he knew. "Um, Chris... I do hope you plan on paying for that can opener?" The twizzler sighed. "Well, I don't really have much money right now." He tried to make Cakey sympathize with him. "I'm really sorry, but I kinda need the can opener..." He bowed his head down in shame. 

"Christopher. Ugh, fine. You can have it, but I doubt you'll know how to work it." Cakey walked towards the toy area of the store, but before she stepped out of the aisle, she turned around to look at Chris and smiled kindly. "I hope I can see you at the bakery tomorrow! So long as you don't steal anything, of course." She went back to restocking a few aisles down.

Chris stared at where Cakey had just been standing, then rolled his eyes and walked out the store. He encountered the same cashier as before. They had short blue/black hair and strange horns and a tail made of metal. Their name tag said 'Tamari'. "Please don't steal again. It's kinda bad for the company-"

Christopher rolled his eyes, pulled one dollar out of his pocket, set it on the cash register, and walked out of the store. "There you go! I paid! Isn't that so nice of me?" 

Tamari grabbed the money. "Hey, this is only a dollar! A can opener -at least the one you have- costs $20! Come back!" 

Christopher ignored the cashier's yelling and calmly walked towards the parking lot, which was somewhat empty.

Tamari ran out to meet the monochrome thief. "You can't take that without properly paying!"

"Why not? I did pay, didn't I? Isn't me paying an improvement?"

"If you're going to pay, do it properly. You have to get your stuff ringed up, and then I'll tell you how much it is, and you pay that amount. Simple as that."

Christopher sighed. He pulled twenty dollars out of his pocket and handed it to them. "There. Now I've paid, and you can go back to work or whatever." 

Tamari stood there, shocked as they watched Christopher walk away with the can opener. "He forgot about taxes, which is why he has to pay properly!!!!"

Christopher walked back home and went into the kitchen, where the corn was still waiting. His stomach rumbled. Chris looked at the can opener and tried to find out where the instructions were on how to use it. He carefully took off the packaging and searched that for directions.

Finally, he found them in tiny print on the back. He squinted at the small words, then threw away the trash. He held the can opener over the can. 

After ten or so minutes and a lot more strength than Chris thought he needed, the can was open!

"Phew. Finally, it opened! Now, I just need a spoon or something else to eat it with. Hmm." 

By this point, it was already five in the morning. The sun would be coming up in an hour, and Mr. Pierre hadn't gotten any sleep whatsoever. He yawned. He looked through lots of drawers and cabinets and couldn't find anything to eat with. He'd just have to settle for using his hands. He didn't want to go back to Walmart and have to get into an argument with them again.