🌼And so they joined the stars.🌸 [purelily]

TW - death

Context:
An AU where to defeat Dark Enchantress, the Ancients would have to use to much power that their soul jam would shatter.
One thing that the soul jam does is keep them from aging, so after it broke they continued off where they stopped, and eventually was able to predict the times when they would crumble, so Pure Vanilla and White Lily make sure to spend their last minutes alone together.

-

The sun began to hide away, crawling beneath the clouds and under the sea as the sky turned a mix of purple and red. Two old lovers held hand in hand, leaning against each other as they watched the night sky slowly creep up.
The blonde one, Pure Vanilla, sighed, letting his worn body fall relaxed onto the grass, to which the one next to him, White Lily, follows his move, laying down next to him as they look up at the stars. Tonight, was the night where they would take their last breaths, together. The last night before their crumbling, and they wanted to spend it well, together.
"Lils, where do you think we'll go when we die?" Pure Vanilla mutters into his loves ear, his heterochromia eyes still fixated on the sky above them.
"Mhm, I'm not sure," White Lily responds, turning to look at her husband. "-somewhere with the stars perhaps?"
A hum of acknowledgement comes from Pure Vanilla's mouth, his eyes flickering down slightly, turning his body to cuddle up against White Lily's warm body. Lightly, she kisses his forehead as he wraps his arms around her.
"...could I tell you a secret..?" he mumbles, barley above a whisper, but White Lily understands nonetheless, nodding for him to continue.
"...i'm scared, I don't want to die..." his head burrows more into White Lily's shoulder, he listens to her breathing as it calms him, then it takes a small inhale to say something.
"I'm scared too, what if I can't study in the afterlife?" her soft voice giggles along with the small joke she made, rubbing Pure Vanilla's back as he quietly laughs too. "-though, Vani, I wouldn't blame you for being scared, the concept is pretty scary."
Pure Vanilla closes his eyes, "Scary, but inevitable." he responds, feeling his wife's head push down, then back up on his shoulder, a hum audible as she nods.
"I've never dove deep enough into the subject of afterlife, but I do have a few theories, for example the stars! Maybe with each soul that passes goes on to be a star, and the stars that have been there for the longest eventually burn out as the soul cannot retain a form for infinity. And maybe-"
White Lily adjusts her side posture slightly, rambling on about her theories and reasoning while Pure Vanilla just lay silently, listening with joy. He adored listening to her voice go on about something she loved, even if he wasn't paying 100% attention to what that thing is, he found her tone soothing, he could listen to her till he takes his final breath.
And so they lay together, cuddled up as one talks about the stars and the other listens with interest. After long, White Lily stopped talking, her voice hurt from speaking so much, and it was time to sleep now, Pure Vanilla understood as well.
Before resting their lives, they parted momentarily to embrace each other one last time. It wasn't anything but a simple passionate kiss before snuggling back up to each other again. The stars were calling for them now, it was time to leave.
"I love you, Vani."
"I love you too, Lils."
And so they joined the stars.

AN: i wrote this at like 1am last night im so sorry if it's bad-

[631 words]