Chapter 14

"She's crying while slightly smiling like she's not guilty from it..."

Jevan, Dane and Lay look at each other sharing their thoughts.

"So you're saying that woman can be the culprit?" Jevan asked and the guy nodded.

Jevan stood up. He walk toward his friend before he leaned near to their faces. "You're going to trust his words? What if he's lying?" Lay asked. Even though he heard the whole story he couldn't let their guard down. The guy still could be the culprit, there were no cameras in that place, anyone can be the culprit.

"Only us to find out..." Jevan responded before giving a last glaze to the guy.

"Are you sure about this?" Lay asked. They're sitting on the grass in the dark waiting for someone to go there. The cops already closed the park for a while for a proper investigation.

"Yes I'm sure and who will come here in the middle of the night there's a possibility they're involved," Jevan said while arranging his mark. Dane was already lying on the ground, eyes closed thinking nothing.

"But that guy clearly said a woman came here. Why should we wait? Should we find the woman's address to interrogate her too?" Lay asked. He was afraid that a cop would go there to wait to investigate so they would be arrested.

Jevan was about to say something when Dane stood up from lying on the ground. "We should not focus on one person, everyone can be a suspect and only one person can be the culprit."

"He's right. Where here to find something, a clue," Jevan said before he yawned. He already feels sleepy, it's been a weeks since he had proper sleep.

While this investigation going on for a time being Jevan stop thinking about Lyndon a little but there's a time Lyndon starts coming into his mind.

"You know you're right but I want to ask if—"

"Shhh..." Jevan put his hand on Lay's mouth when Dane gave a sign to him that he heard something.

"Hmmp." Lay tried to struggle but Jevan glared at him.

They saw a girl coming there. They tried to take a peek at who that girl was but when they saw her face all their eyes widened.

"No way..." Lay said whispering when Jevan let go of his mouth.

"That's the girl in the bar, right?" Jevan asked. Dane to nod at him before focusing, they saw the girl walking in the area full of crime scene tape.

All of them looked at each other when they heard her cry but the thing that shocked them the most was the thing she said while standing there. "You deserve it..." Dane and Jevan gulp but also clench the leaves making a small noise.

The girl looked around. A panicked run on her face before she rushed to run away from that place.

"Let's go," Jevan said after he stood up.

"What are we going to do with her?" Lay asked still sitting on the grass. He couldn't believe it. He met the girl earlier and he couldn't accept to himself that the girl was possibly guilty of the murder that happened at that place.

"We'll follow her." Jevan walked but Lay didn't follow them making them stop and look where he was.

"Dane..." Jevan gave a sign to Dane. Dane of before walking back.

Lay still widened her eyes but Dane pulled him up. "Accept it. That's the thing we want you to learn. Stop trusting anyone except us, your friend. Got it?" Lay looks at Dane. He can feel his body turn to stone while Dane holding her arm. "If you do it again, I'll bring you to Almond to be his dinner."

Lay eyes widened before he ran toward Jevan and hid behind him. Jevan shook his head. He knew who's Dane talking about. It was Almond, his crocodile pet in their house. They didn't met him but Dane kept talking about him and showing his picture.

Dane captured him as his pet but Almond already killed 10 people, and the aminal expert wanted him to shut in the animal welfare but using money Dane buy him.

"I won't! I rather be killed by a bullet or a knife than be a food for your wild crocodile!" Lay shouted before he hid again.

"Stop it, you too. We still need to follow her remember?" Jevan said before he started to walk. Lay was like a child pulling the hem of his clothes while Dane followed behind.

When they came out of the park they straight to the way of the bar.

"We'll enter here," Jevan asked. He was about to enter when Lay suddenly remembered something.

"When I talked to her earlier she said that she had taken a leave so there's a possibility that she's not here," Lay sai wed pointed to the entrance.

"Oh, then what should we do next? We didn't see her where she went," Jevan said before looking at the surrounding. There are many people on the street doing their business.

"What about let's wait at the bakery? Where Alina shop," Lay suggest. jevan thinks for a minute before he nods. All the thing they can do for now is to wait.

While they're walking away Dane stops for a moment when he feels something in the trash area where they met the girl but when he realizes that only a cat is there he follows Jevan and Lay who already walking far away from him.

Lay already move on from what he sees. He already becomes talkative again, he's talking about something to Jevan who's listening but something happens when he bump into a middle-aged woman.

Lay and that woman stumble on the ground but Lay comes out of his senses before he helps the woman to stand up. Jevan and Dane picked up her things on the ground before putting them in her pouch but Jevan stopped when he saw something while putting her things in there.

"Are you ok madam?" Lay asked but the woman didn't answer instead she rushed to seize her pouch before running fast.

"Dane follow her!" Jevan said. Dane didn't ask any questions before he ran away from there while Lay was confusedly looking at Jevan.

"Why?!" He shouted in panic.

"That woman... I saw the same hairclip that we saw in the park with that victim."