Chapter 09

"What the f*ck is this?!" Dane shouted while holding the paper. He just read a case where an owner trying to ask a help with their pet snake got lost at the park.

"A kid asking to find who murdered his bird in front of their house." Lay wanted to laugh at this state but couldn't believe what he just read.

"A case of missing shoe..." Jevan whispered. He was staring at the paper if he read was right, he didn't even blink.

All of them look at each other while Dane crumbles the paper he is holding, he feels scowled at this moment.

"This is ridiculous.." Jevan said in his calm tone.

Jevan and Dane were out of their right sense but a loud laugh filled the room.

Lay was bursting a laugh with tears, he also fell on the sofa but didn't even bother and continued laughing.

"What should we do?" Jevan asked, ignoring Lay who was already out of his mind but when he heard them talking seriously he tried to stop himself from laughing and sat again beside them.

"We'll accept it," Lay suggests. This is the first time he suggested this because they knew he was against this plan but now looking at him he looks like he is enjoying. "I mean this is the easiest work we can do right? Looking at this if we do our job then we will receive money."

Jevan looked at Dane who asked his suggestion but Dane shrugged. "It's your decision, I agree with what decision you made." Jevan nods at him and holds the paper tight.

"You're right so we will take the easiest..." He said he showed the paper he read. "This a missing shoe the contact number is still here and this case is new, it only applied 3 days ago before the detective died."

"The... I'll be the one who talks to the client, first," Lay volunteered before he got the laptop he saw earlier at the table he also checked if there was a detail inside about the detective but he just saw many files of cases he solved.

"He's a good detective," Jevan comments looking at the screen while Lay is contacting the client.

"You're right." Dane agreed.

Lay started to type on the laptop sending an email, he found out the detective using an email to contact his client so that's what he also did. "We're the ones that you contacted about your missing shoe. Can you give us a detail about where you saw it before it was lost?"

It takes a few minutes before they're someone who replies to it. "Oh yes, I saw it in the garage of my daughter's house..."

Lay look where Dane and Jevan are. "What should we do?" Lay asked them. Jevan starts thinking.

In a few minutes, he gets the laptop so he'll be the one who talks to their client. "What appearance of your shoes? Can you describe it to us, so we can find it faster"

They start waiting and then something pumps up. "It's a red shoe, with black lace," he explains.

"Ok, we will find it," he last replied but their client didn't reply anymore.

"Let's start the task tomorrow morning,3" Jevan suggested and all of them agreed.

                                       —

In the morning they decided to find the address where their client's daughter's house was, he chose not to come there because he said his daughter and him are in a big argument.

When they arrive in front of the house, they knock on the door.

A few seconds later there's someone open it. A woman who was about 40 years old.

"Hello, what can I do for you?" She asks politely and smiles at the three of them.

"Hello is this Mr Smith's daughter's house?" Jevan asked but after he asked the woman's expression changed.

"I'm sorry but I don't know who are you talking about," she said and finally she smiled as she did earlier.

Lay, Jevan and Dane look at each other, they can tell their client is telling the truth it looks like his daughter was mad at him to the point that he can't tell the truth.

"But we need your help," Lay said before he bowed to show politeness.

The woman was confused. "No really. I'm telling the truth. I'm Adda Weasley, I've been living here with my father, my husband and my children for over 40 years," she said. Jevan could tell that woman didn't lie to them by looking at his expression.

"Did he lie to us?" Lay asked Jevan but Jevan just shrugged.

"It doesn't matter. Try to ask her if we can investigate at the garage," Dane said. Jevan nods to him before he turns around again to the woman.

"Ahmm maam can we investigate in your garage? We just need to find something important for our client." She looks at them suspiciously. They already expect this, no one lets stranger investigate their houses.

Dane looked at the woman who looked suspiciously at Jevan so he grabbed Dane to exchange himself before he let out his wallet took a cheque and wrote on it.

Lay and Jevan were taking a peek.

After he wrote he gave the cheque to the woman. "That's $500, is that enough to let us investigate your house?" Lay and Jevan's mouths hung open. They're here to be paid but here Dane is a rich prince giving money for their job.

"Are you sure about this?" Jevan asked him but Dane didn't even answer until the woman let them.

After that, they moved to the garage. It was messy they didn't have any cars so they used it to put their unused stuff.

"Is this a garage or a garbage area?" Lay asked before they started finding. There's much stuff there, they even took an hour before finally finding the shoe that was exactly what their client told them.

"Let's get out of here. I heard something about those things. I'm afraid of rats!" Lay said before he ran outside.

Jevan and Dane follow him while Jevan holds the shoes he already put inside the plastic he saw inside.

They decided to go, but they didn't say goodbye to the house owner because they were gone.

Now Dane was already trying to find the address of their client but they arrived in front of a restaurant.

"Ohhh I think the owner of these shoes is rich even though he's still weird," Lay said he felt excited What thing would pay them?

"Think so..." Jevan agreed like him he also felt excited.

"Hey! That's my shoe!" A man suddenly shouts and grabs the shoe at Jevan's hand.

All of them turned round to look but they saw a man wearing boots and loose clothes. They can tell that person is not of his mind.

"We bring that back to us. We need that," Jevan said politely that man stared at him and suddenly he slime.

"Oh, you're the one. I asked for some help?! Here this gets this," he said giving something to Jevan. "I'm going now!" He said before he was jumping and getting away from them.

They also heard him laughing and hugging the dirty shoes.

Jevan opened his palm to see how much that guy paid them but Jevan and Lay's expressions changed, a smile turned into an annoying face.

"$1?!" Both of them shouted.

Dane couldn't help not to laugh. "Hahaha, this job is so hilarious!"