Chapter 15

Dane was running fast to follow the woman.

There he hid behind the car when he saw the woman stop in front of a small house.

He saw her calling someone for a moment, she was staying there and then Dane saw her walking inside her house.

Dane looks at the street to find out where it is. After a few munites Dane felt that his phone was vibrating. He gets and answers the call that from Jevan.

"Did you follow her?" Jevan asked other side of the phone.

"Yes. I already saw her house, what should we do now?" He asked. He saw that the woman didn't even open her light.

"We will come back there to check on her in the morning. Can you come back now? I'm afraid that guy would shout at the house to make the neighbourhood hear him," Jevan said. Without responding Dane ended the call before turning around.

Before he finally walks away he takes a little glance toward the house before he finally walks.

After a few minutes of walking, he met Jevan and Lay waiting for him in front of the bakery shop.

"Let's go," Dane said before starting to walk again. Lay and Jevan looked at each other before they stood up and ran toward him so they could walk together.

"What did you see?" Jevan asked. Dane didn't look at him.

"Nothing, she just came home," he said. Jevan and Lay wanted to follow him earlier but they decided not to, there be a problem if they got in the way.

"Do you think guys she's the one that the guy mentioned?" Lay asked when they stopped in front of Jevan's house.

Dane and Jevan nod at him. "Yeah. We know let's just think about a plan for how to make her tell us something about this. Then we will go to her house tomorrow," Jevan said before he opened the gate.

All of them walked inside Jevan's house they saw the man still tied up in the chair when he saw them he was already glaring at them.

"What's the plan about that guy?" Lay whispered before throwing a gaze at the guy.

"I don't know if we should keep him. He's still a suspect it's better to tie him up here for a while," Jevan said. Lay nod at him before following Dane who's walking upstairs.

"Hey, are you not going to untie me?" He asked but Jevan Dane and Lay ignored him. 

"We will let go of you when we find out who's the culprit, so goodnight," he said and finally went to his room. Dane and Lay already go to their room shutting the door loudly.

"Ugh, I can't believe this!"

Early in the morning Jevan and others go to the woman's house. They're currently waiting there leaning on her neighbor's car.

"She's not going out. Can we go inside her house?" Lay asked using her microscope. He was looking out the window.

"We can't, we can't trespass in her house, it's not in the rule— wait Dane where are you going?!" Jevan shouted when he saw Jevan walking toward that woman's house.

Jevn and Lay follow him trying to pull him back but Dane is strong against them so he brings them with him.

Dane runs to the back of the house. Jevan and Dane were stunned but they didn't have any choice but to follow him behind. All of them climb the house until they get into the kitchen.

They're trying not to make a noise. Their world suddenly stops when they see the house is really in a mess. Many ingredients, and appliances were everywhere, it's broken.

"The house is raided," Jevan asked. Dane didn't answer while Lay holding his hem.

They walk into the living room while they're looking around. Lay flinches when liquid drips on his cheeks, and lifts his hand to check what it is but he loses balance when he sees blood on it.

Lay's hand started shaking as he looked up at the ceiling when he saw something his knee began to collapse, it made a sound when he stumbled to the floor making Jevan and Dane look at him.

"What happened!" Jevan approaches him holding his shoulder but Dane looks above.

"She's dead," he said with his cold tone. Jevan was stunned. He look at Dane and didn't know what he was talking about but Lay pointed to the ceiling.

"Ahh!" He shouted. Jevan widened his eyes when he looked up, she saw a woman hanging there, the woman they were suspecting.

"This cannot be happening!" Jevan shouted. He already let go of Lay's shoulder as he sat on the floor. Lay and Jevan looked terrified from what they saw while Dane turned around and walked toward the bedroom to look for something in the woman's pouch.

He found it inside the drawer, he just knocked it off when he couldn't find the key before getting it there after that he came back to where Jevan and Lay were.

Dane threw the pouch at Jevan, and Jevan came back to his senses before catching it. They open the pouch while Dane finds a chair to pull the woman but when Jevan realizes what he wants to do he stop him

"No, don't touch her. We'll report it to the police after we go," Jevan said. Dane nodded at him with silence before he walked toward Lay who still trembling. Dane hit his head, it was too hard to make him come back to his senses.

"Hey just accept it. It's part of our job," he said. Lay suddenly stood up showing that he was not afraid but they could see his knee was still shaking.

"Did you see something else?" Jevan asked Dane and he nodded. He led them to the room and there they saw a picture frame of a family, a little girl and a middle-aged man.

All of them saw a familiar image. They all look at each other before nodding. "Let's go.." Jevan said giving them a command...